Kraton Started my back yard bash track!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfella

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ever since I got the Kraton I've been wanting a home track. I bit the bullet today and started it. I got a bunch of tractor work done but can see I have a long way to go including some more brush/tree clearing . I just roughed it in today but it is exciting to break ground and see it start to take shape. It's in a heavily wooded area but I've managed to create a decent clearing to make what I think will be a very fun track.

I'm thinking it will start as a bash track and morph into a "real" track later on with 4"" black drain pipe. I want to run it for a while before commiting to the expense of the pipe. It has 10ft minimum wide lanes and will emphasize speed and jumps instead of an excess of technical hairpin turns. It's gonna have sweeping high speed banked turns and a 125 foot straightaway. I've also got the wood for a driver's stand.

I'll post some pictures soon. :)

They are coming! We had terrible thunderstorms yesterday so it was a washout. The good news is all that water settled the track and jumps nicely. Everything is getting pretty smooth and compacted. I have three jumps completed and tested with my typhon. I need to make some adjustments but at least those are done. I've got some more jumps to make and some banked turns to put in.

My jumps are not going to be huge to start with as I have a new to rc friend who will be running and learning on the track. I don't want to break a bunch of parts right now either with the arrma parts shortage.

I'm learning real quick that what I thought was a a decent sized area for the track is not as big when you actually run it. These 1/8 scale trucks and buggies cover a lot of ground FAST. I will likely clear some more land and expand the bash track in the future but I'm happy with what I have right now.

It been really fun so far. Its a ton of work but worth it.

Pictures to come.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back