Big Rock Starting to upgrade for Bashing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Typho1021

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
She’s in pieces now waiting for rear pinion and the spur gear cracked the aluminum housing around the slipper clutch assembly or bearings. Getting this thing started got pro line badlands on it now. Three is staying with three is plenty fast enough plenty at work my change the gear and 18 tooth well I’m replacing all that stuff. I’ll keep you updated as I go

image.jpg

Mojave front and Kraton rear. Makes bashing a lot better thanks all for the info. Turning and donuts a lot more difficult unless turned all the way up

C6DB1159-D90D-4F5E-B261-FA74DD03A9CF.jpeg

0A189F58-8497-4A74-BE1C-495751006EEE.jpeg

E4692A55-AB30-4CC5-9910-16A1AED158A3.jpeg

Waiting on Tbone front bumper too

With all the upgrades now I keep popping the driver rear driveshaft at the wheel the metal spline keeps twisting out with the pro line badlands And Kraton six as shocks in the rear is it just too much traction? I’ve gone through three in less than one battery pack 100% snapped to immediately on a high speed run at 75% a pop the third one punch setting at three was think you need to turn down to one and stay in the 50 to 75% range while bashing any help would be appreciated

With all the upgrades now I keep popping the driver rear driveshaft at the wheel the metal spline keeps twisting out with the pro line badlands And Kraton six as shocks in the rear is it just too much traction? I’ve gone through three in less than one battery pack 100% snapped to immediately on a high speed run at 75% a pop the third one punch setting at three was think you need to turn down to one and stay in the 50 to 75% range while bashing any help would be appreciated
I beleive only real upgrades for driveshafts are the Arrma CVDs. Pretty sure outa stock most everywhere. There are others but by way of some of the more exp guys. They say they arent much better than stock.

I beleive only real upgrades for driveshafts are the Arrma CVDs. Pretty sure outa stock most everywhere. There are others but by way of some of the more exp guys. They say they arent much better than stock.
How about GPM and would you think 4s ones from GPM would work, maybe have to trim? They have in stock!

How about GPM and would you think 4s ones from GPM would work, maybe have to trim? They have in stock!
Just to honest bud, im not sure. So I can't answer that. Im still pretty new myself. I had actually just been reading a post from @slick2500 . Maybe he or another more exp person can help u out. Sry.

Just to honest bud, im not sure. So I can't answer that. Im still pretty new myself. I had actually just been reading a post from @slick2500 . Maybe he or another more exp person can help u out. Sry.
What did I do?
The 4s drive shafts are not a direct fit on the 3s models, they are too long and need to be shortened, then you need some bearings and shims.

What did I do?

The 4s drive shafts are not a direct fit on the 3s models, they are too long and need to be shortened, then you need some bearings and shims.
Yep thats why I called ur name. 😆. Hes was chexking for other cvds. And I wasnt sure on the gpm. But had just read a convo with u and ? talking about thr integys are not the way to go. Thx

Got bearing but what size shim? Or should I just wait for the 3S versions in b/I?
I can't remember what size shims but you need a 8x12x3.5 and 0.5mm of shims. I know @HZRDOS knows.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back