State and local weird names for normal things

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm from the Bay too and I call it soda. Lol

But it is the Bay where we hyphy and go dumb, where them rappers be getting they' lingo from.. lol

I researched this, and it's a north bay thing!

This New York Times quiz (safe link) nailed my dialect within 20 miles of where I grew up, where my parents are from (and where I lived as a young adult), and finally pegged the state where I live now as my top 3 language origins. Flat out amazing. I've done this quiz every year for the last couple of years, and still get the same results. I tried to answer the questions with words I used and pronounced when I was growing up, because I've lived all over the world and at this point I sound more like Julia Child than a bay area kid. Try it out, it's a blast. Feels like a palm reading in a way!

https://nyti.ms/2l3vAAP

I researched this, and it's a north bay thing!

This New York Times quiz (safe link) nailed my dialect within 20 miles of where I grew up, where my parents are from (and where I lived as a young adult), and finally pegged the state where I live now as my top 3 language origins. Flat out amazing. I've done this quiz every year for the last couple of years, and still get the same results. I tried to answer the questions with words I used and pronounced when I was growing up, because I've lived all over the world and at this point I sound more like Julia Child than a bay area kid. Try it out, it's a blast. Feels like a palm reading in a way!

https://nyti.ms/2l3vAAP
Pegged me spot on!:ROFLMAO:

Ope nevermind.

It's closeish I think.
5yeydrththfged.jpg

Soda/Pop is called soft drinks here, been that way my whole life between family, friends, restaurants, etc. Had relatives in Colorado that called it Pop, mountain hillbillies lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back