Kraton Steel drive shafts for 4s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Uh what? If your slipper clutch is too loose it will burn up your pads pretty quick. Going into limp mode has quite literally nothing to do with the slipper pads burning up.
I miss explained when i said limp mode is the car is going slowly while the motor is going full speed and obviously its the clutch is slipping
Maybe the spring is completly stuck on the slipper hub and doesn't allow you to adjust it best thing would be to take apart the slipper and make sure you get out the spring i know the first models had that issue locktite overload on those things also .Or you could buy a brand new slipper rebuild kit and remplace the spring and washers thats what i did when mine was obviously stuck if i backed the slipper out to 1 turn it was completly loose when it should not. You could sand the slipper spring down so that it fits without binding inside the slipper hub. A clutch who is working perfectly will take 2.5-3 turn from fully tight to start slipping out of control atm im running at 1.35 turn with a 15t pinion and i wheelie on 3s. The quality control in the early models was a bit messy maybe thats whats going on in yours

Last edited:
Well I guess I assumed they were gone being they were jet black when I took it apart. Black usually means burnt. Also the screw wouldn't hold it, it kept loosening up, after just a few minutes. Loctite fixed that.
In did that, rebuild kit, pads, and loctite the screw, had no more issues with that, just axle shafts now.

Well I guess I assumed they were gone being they were jet black when I took it apart. Black usually means burnt. Also the screw wouldn't hold it, it kept loosening up, after just a few minutes. Loctite fixed that.
In did that, rebuild kit, pads, and loctite the screw, had no more issues with that, just axle shafts now.
If your slipper is now right a new pair od rear shaft is needed once one pops out its mostly game over because the plastic is already weak and its going to pop out gain and again
And don't spray wd40 pn them obviously

What size shims should be used for the diffs, and where do you get them?

I personally use the kyosho shims same size but comes with 12x15x.1MM shims too so that i can be really picky lol here are the original shims
WASHER 12X15.5X0.2MM (4 PCS)
#AR709052 (ARAC9937)

What size shims should be used for the diffs, and where do you get them?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back