Kraton Steel drive shafts for 4s line

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can describe their customer support in one word: none.
HR isn't familiar with a lot of their products. Or they choose not to be. They focus on sales and warranty. But even then, you have to spoon feed them part numbers. Which is fine for me on a part that is clearly defective. The ESC fan on my month old V4 Kraton crapped out after being noisy since day one. I called HR. Left my number. Got a return call addressing me by name in less than 10 min. Gave him the part number. My phone number showed my account number. Conversation took less than 2 minutes literally. Told me it would ship in the morning. Got the esc fan 3 days later. Honestly, it was so painless. Best warranty service I have ever received was with HR.
But whatever you do regarding complaints and technical questions ,etc. don't ask them anything. They tend to shut you down. They haven't a clue. Just tell them what part number you need and offer a picture or the part. They will probably not even care how it happened or even want the part back. Unless it is a brand new RTR with no use on it. They will pay for return shipping to repair or replace.
They have always obliged the warranty. Make sure you register an account with them first. It speeds up the process very much.
Unfortunately, I don't see any venue to address Arrma UK directly regarding technical concerns.
Tekno has a great staff with tech sup. I wish Arrma had the same.

Last edited:
HR isn't familiar with a lot of their products. Or they choose not to be. They focus on sales and warranty. But even then, you have to spoon feed them part numbers. Which is fine for me on a part that is clearly defective. The ESC fan on my month old V4 Kraton crapped out after being noisy since day one. I called HR. Left my number. Got a return call addressing me by name in less than 10 min. Gave him the part number. My phone number showed my account number. Conversation took less than 2 minutes literally. Told me it would ship in the morning. Got the esc fan 3 days later. Honestly, it was so painless. Best warranty service I have ever received was with HR.
But whatever you do regarding complaints and technical questions ,etc. don't ask them anything. They tend to shut you down. They haven't a clue. Just tell them what part number you need and offer a picture or the part. They will probably not even care how it happened or even want the part back. Unless it is a brand new RTR with no use on it. They will pay for return shipping to repair or replace.
They have always obliged the warranty. Make sure you register an account with them first. It speeds up the process very much.
Unfortunately, I don't see any venue to address Arrma UK directly regarding technical concerns.
Tekno has a great staff with tech sup. I wish Arrma had the same.
Hot. Racing. I'm talking about Hot Racing ?

I just had this happen this weekend on my new Granite. LOTS of flooring it on grass and asphalt... actually kinda torturing the poor thing. Lots of figure-8, hard braking, hard turning, and hard acceleration. Trying to get a 'feel' for it, really. After 20 mins of 2S bashing, and another 20 of 3S, she finally gave up the inner left-hand rear u-joint... not BAD tho, I was able to pop it back in! It didn't shred the plastic or warp the ears at all! Lucky I suppose. Still looking for an alternative... may just keep a few stock ones handy for an eventual breakage.

I lost one of my outer sections last week... found it yesterday

Who were you talking about? Horizon?
Yeah, Horizon H. My bad...
HR (Hot Racing) I have dealt with only once before with a defective Axial part. I just accepted the $loss$ as part of the hobby. They are just another "hard to deal with" Company. Most of their stuff is good. But duds can happen and you are SOL.

show us how to use your new tool

New to the truck scene, was mostly planes, but got tired of windy days. Got an Outcast and Kraton 4s, and have had nothing but rear drivetrain issues with the Outcast. Diff, 3 left rear driveshafts, and a slippers rebuild. UGH.....no problems with the Kraton yet, but I'm just waiting. Glad to hear the HR ones are junk, almost bought them. Any suggestions or help?

New to the truck scene, was mostly planes, but got tired of windy days. Got an Outcast and Kraton 4s, and have had nothing but rear drivetrain issues with the Outcast. Diff, 3 left rear driveshafts, and a slippers rebuild. UGH.....no problems with the Kraton yet, but I'm just waiting. Glad to hear the HR ones are junk, almost bought them. Any suggestions or help?
I’ve battled with my K4S and all I can say is that after I figured out how to adjust my slipper right, and didn’t forget my diff shim, I’ve been doing fine. I recently had pinion/spur issues due to my motor mount bending a bit, but that’s an easy fix.

Ussualy its the rear diff of the kraton who goes up because of the longer wheel base putting more stress on those plastic diff yokes spreading apart. Saying the outcast is having diff issues is almost 99% guarantee that your slipperclutch is completly locked up it would explain the driveshaft poping out and the diff stripping out
Shim the diff too i personally bought the alluminum diff yokes for the rear of my kraton with shims

The manual says 1.25 turns back from tight on the slipper, I've got the outcast at about .75 to 1 turns back. 1.25 is what roasted the slipper pads.
I've heard of the diff shim, but unfamiliar with them, and while sells it.

The manual says 1.25 turns back from tight on the slipper, I've got the outcast at about .75 to 1 turns back. 1.25 is what roasted the slipper pads.
I've heard of the diff shim, but unfamiliar with them, and while sells it.
Why you think it was burning yor pads? The only way for the pads to overheat is if you truck starts going into limp mode even at full throttle
If you able to wheelie and everything it is not going to burn out your clutch

Why you think it was burning yor pads? The only way for the pads to overheat is if you truck starts going into limp mode even at full throttle
If you able to wheelie and everything it is not going to burn out your clutch
Uh what? If your slipper clutch is too loose it will burn up your pads pretty quick. Going into limp mode has quite literally nothing to do with the slipper pads burning up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back