Outcast Steering binding

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YOu are correct, the center diff does not have a gear box. Either way the chop shops on Ebay are the way to go. I could almost build a new car using the extras I have from those purchases.

Yes, the chop shops are the way to go it seems so long as they have the part in stock! I think I bought the last one. At least from the one who I bought from...
One thing I couldn't tell in the video is how full he filled the diff, I normally go to 3/4, but I swore I saw him fill it up in the video. Could be my imagination... Is 3/4 a good approximation of how full you'd fill the diff with fluid?

Thanks! That's what I thought but just wanted to make certain. Now just waiting on the parts to do this.

Ok, the parts came in and I added the additional washers as done in the vid you shared with me. Nothing too hard with it as I went ahead and built a brand new center diff and just pulled the old one out that was throwing diff fluid from just about everywhere. First run went good with no real issues except I noticed diff fluid was sprayed out of the new diff. I didn't see any leaks when installing the new diff. I'll keep an eye on it and see if keeps leaking diff fluid... not sure why it's doing that, maybe too much fluid even with going to 3/4?
As for the old diff I tore it down and noticed the paper seal between the spur and diff housing had torn in half around two bolt holes. No gears are damaged despite the noise I was hearing where it sounded like it was eating a spider or planetary gear.
I will rebuild the old center I pulled and jump up to 500K diff fluid and see what that does for me.

IMG_1480.JPG
Argh! I cannot win here. I had something new break while running back and forth in front of my house. The plastic holder for the upper A arm broke.
I'm not sure how that happened as it didn't hit anything. Has anyone made this in alum yet?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back