Kraton Steering Block Troubles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EliJohnson1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Has anyone had any troubles getting the steering block off. I snapped mine the other day and the dog bone part won’t come off. I have read that there is a set screw that poos out the pin, but I don’t know where that is. And the only hex part of it won’t budge even with heat and pliers. Any thoughts?

It's easier to show you than to tell you.

You need to heat up this set screw where the tip of the screw driver is pointing.
15434682265295691213871814871526.jpg

Then take your wheel wrench and stick it on the hub like so.
15434683383667713933823698669532.jpg

Now you will need a long 2.5mm hex driver. Insert it through the top of the hex wrench like this.
15434684428804442036288338186682.jpg

Lefty loosy righty tighty.

If it feels tight still give it more heat.

Once you have the set screw out locate this pin.
15434687265631101229125398147047.jpg

You may have to apply heat to the pin as well use a pick or punch to remove the pin.
15434688286251195633059060297422.jpg

Now pull up on the red hub, remembering that it might still be hot after burning finger.
15434689605407699647703030542621.jpg

When reassembling make sure to use blue loctite on the set screw.

Last edited:
Damn nice instructional. (y)
Sometimes I just get super focused, I seriously tossed that together in like 5-10 minutes. I'm sure if I took my time I could have made it look all fancy and stuff.

Hell, it's very nice for me and good to see. I can look all over youtube for stuff and for at least for Arrma, I can get everything I need here at this forum. *Huge! resource.
And such a great resource that I wish Arrma would recognize and see that the details are covered with them ...right here. Sells more trucks imo when folks can be confident and know their questions are covered.
And of course they could maybe be more forthcoming and contribute to the community here as well...as we've bought into the brand hard. Is there even an Arrma community as well managed or populated?
I'm not complaining or pointing out anything else than I love to see details and I think you and so many others here contribute to Arrma brand movement and .....I would love to see a rep come in and share some treats or secrets to keep us pumped up.
I don't know if its how stuff like this works for RC but would be neat to see some action from the top.

It's easier to show you than to tell you.

You need to heat up this set screw where the tip of the screw driver is pointing.
View attachment 24526

Then take your wheel wrench and stick it on the hub like so.
View attachment 24527

Now you will need a long 2.5mm hex driver. Insert it through the top of the hex wrench like this.
View attachment 24528

Lefty loosy righty tighty.

If it feels tight still give it more heat.

Once you have the set screw out locate this pin.
View attachment 24529

You may have to apply heat to the pin as well use a pick or punch to remove the pin.
View attachment 24530

Now pull up on the red hub, remembering that it might still be hot after burning finger.
View attachment 24531

When reassembling make sure to use blue loctite on the set screw.

I do the same thing but use the 17 mm opening in this tool (linked below) to hold the red part from spinning. You could also use vice grips if you don't have an Allen key long enough. ??

https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...Ag5MfJfezuWtuLtURlXYf8ndsw7atr_BoC8EMQAvD_BwE

I leave the wheel on, then it's easy to access the set screw with any normal hex bit. You guys are making this way too complicated.

I leave the wheel on, then it's easy to access the set screw with any normal hex bit. You guys are making this way too complicated.
I never thought of doing that lol. I've always seen it done the way I posted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back