Big Rock Steering but no throttle response on BRCC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jnelson41

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
This past weekend my brother and I were camping and enjoying our cars (his Kraton on 6s is insane btw) and my BRCC just stopped. I still had steering but no throttle response. Swapped a new battery and it ran fine for a couple minutes then just rolled to a stop, still steering but no throttle. This happened a few times and turning it off and then on again (the old computer trick lol) seemed to work, but now theres nothing. Yesterday I tried a 3s pack and it went about 15 feet then same story, steeering but no throttle. Only difference was this time if I pulled the trigger, the center driveshaft would "click" like it was trying to do something, or like there was a connection, but not enough to move the car, just enough to hear a little whine/beep and see the driveshaft move a fraction of an inch. This is my first car since my Tamiya Stadium Blitzer about 20 years ago and things have changed a bit lol so im out of the loop on what might be causing this. Thanks for the help.

FYI I contacted Arrma support because the car is only a week old. No response yet but ill keep you posted.

I have had a few similar occurrences with mine where the cables from the esc to the motor have come out of the connectors a bit. Also after a little while there had been some rubbing of the cable connectors on the drive shaft had worn down to bare metal and I think I was getting a power leakage. I applied electrical tap to all the connectors and wrapped them up neatly so they would not rub or come apart anymore. Since then I have had no issues. This could be completely unrelated to your issue but worth checking if you haven't already.

I have had a few similar occurrences with mine where the cables from the esc to the motor have come out of the connectors a bit. Also after a little while there had been some rubbing of the cable connectors on the drive shaft had worn down to bare metal and I think I was getting a power leakage. I applied electrical tap to all the connectors and wrapped them up neatly so they would not rub or come apart anymore. Since then I have had no issues. This could be completely unrelated to your issue but worth checking if you haven't already.
View attachment 35075
I 2nd that today my BRCC did the same thing and upon further inspection my yellow motor wire bullet connector broke off and so I had to re solder it on

Thanks for the help, ill check those connections when I get home. Another thing I noticed last night was that it wont go into settings mode. When i hold the SET button and turn it on, there is a muted beep sound, not the typical loud beep, but almost a click, and it never displays the green lights that identify the settings.

When i hold the SET button and turn it on, there is a muted beep sound, not the typical loud beep, but almost a click, and it never displays the green lights that identify the settings.
I had the same experience (no throttle and could not change ESC settings) and turned out CH2 on my Receiver went bad somehow. Popped in a replacement and everything was golden.

I had the same experience (no throttle and could not change ESC settings) and turned out CH2 on my Receiver went bad somehow. Popped in a replacement and everything was golden.

Dumb question from a newbie here, how did you change it and what parts do you need to do that?

Dumb question from a newbie here, how did you change it and what parts do you need to do that?
The receiver box is just below the ESC, 2 screws and the top pops off, exposing the receiver. Not sure if you have a spare transmitter/receiver combo, but you should try connecting a different combo to your truck first - would either prove or disprove my theory...before you go purchasing a replacement receiver :) www.horizonhobby.com/tr325-3-channel-receiver-tacl0325

Wanted to follow up on this thread and give a shout out to Horizon Hobbies. I emailed them and they sent me out a new ESC no problem. It appears I may have received a V1 ESC that had some issues, so I have the brand new one installed and it worked great...until I got a little trigger happy and burned up a diff gear. Anyway, the warranty process was easy and they were great to work with. I realize that may not be everyones experience, but I can only speak to mine and I believe their service and support was worth a shout out!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back