Kraton Steering but no throttle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Strobins

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I just purchased a 6S kraron version 5 and took it out for its inaugural run. It runs well for a few minutes then it completely stops no forward or reverse but the steering still works. I powered down then powered it back up and it did the same thing three different times. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

I just purchased a 6S kraron version 5 and took it out for its inaugural run. It runs well for a few minutes then it completely stops no forward or reverse but the steering still works. I powered down then powered it back up and it did the same thing three different times. Any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.
Make sure the batteries are full. Sounds stupid but just make sure. I know it will kill throttle and only steer once the battery reaches a certain lvl. Also did you use it in the snow. ESCs say they are waterproof but they don’t like the snow too much.

I know this doesn't help but I just had to return my esc to horizon for doing the same thing. Haven't heard back from them yet so don't know what the diagnosis is on it yet. Hope you get it sorted out.

Make sure the batteries are full. Sounds stupid but just make sure. I know it will kill throttle and only steer once the battery reaches a certain lvl. Also did you use it in the snow. ESCs say they are waterproof but they don’t like the snow too much.
No snow or rain and the battery has just been taken off the charger. I dunno???
I know this doesn't help but I just had to return my esc to horizon for doing the same thing. Haven't heard back from them yet so don't know what the diagnosis is on it yet. Hope you get it sorted out.
Thanks, that may be my end outcome.

Hmm did you calibrate your throttle?

I think so, I'll check next time and let you know.
What will that determine?

When a car thermals....... you can knock the power off and it will run again for a bit.

Spoc85 just ran it again and yes the esc fan is running when the throttle cuts off.
Jkflow and spoc85, the esc fan is on and the red light on the esc is blinking slow(about once per second) when it shuts down.

Last edited:
Sounds like a low battery cutoff. Probably dangerously low.
Do you have a lipo checker? You can check the cell voltages on your charger as well.
Clipboard01.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back