Steering doesn't return back to center

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Boggs3010

Very Active Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Vendetta
Example, I last turn left it veers left. And the same for right turns. OEM steering Vendetta. My other 2 Vendettas , do not have this issue. When the car is off steering seems tight. I lubricated the steering were I thought it was needed. No change at all. Dying servo? Or bad bearing?

Thanks in advance.

Example, I last turn left it veers left. And the same for right turns. OEM steering Vendetta. My other 2 Vendettas , do not have this issue. When the car is off steering seems tight. I lubricated the steering were I thought it was needed. No change at all. Dying servo? Or bad bearing?

Thanks in advance.

Disconnect the short linkage from servo to Ackerman bar.. than manually move wheels left and right to see if there's any weird friction within the remaining steering linkages..
Fix any binding points you find.

Let us know what you find.
Good luck.

Ok thanks , going to throw it on the bench and go to work. I have few extra new servos. Will check for binding 1st.

Thanks in advance.
I have six, 3/4s Arrmas and this issue is one reason I keep numerous new steering bellcrank assemblies on hand. They are cheap from jennysrc.com, just a couple bucks each, and include the servo and link as well. Mainly I’ve found it to be a servo saver issue. They wear our rather quick, especially if you have larger/heavier tires. Also the link and bellcrank plastics get soft and bearings get crunchy. I run the 6s, s652 servo off the 6s cars. It fits the stock saver and is plenty strong for 3s cars. Whenever my steering starts doing what you described, I throw a new steering assembly in. At the same time I disassemble, clean and check all front end parts for issues.

I’ve tried different savers but they all wear out, so replacing them has worked the best. You could get a stronger servo and eliminate the servo saver all together. I’m looking at doing that with my two 4s builds. Just need to get much better servos first. A metal bellcrank and link also helps. I’ve been running the below on my two, 4s cars and 3s infraction for the last few months with good results.

GLOBACT Aluminum Alloy Steering Bellcrank and Steering Link, with Ball Bearing Upgrade Parts Set for 1/10 Arrma Senton 4X4 Granite 4X4 Typhon 4X4 Kraton 4X4 Big Rock 4X4 Replaces AR340132 (Red) https://a.co/d/fAZi7k1

B27B2D39-43F2-4E81-93D5-019BD1FEB2C3.png

0FC548C8-59DE-48BF-B7E4-81B6E0EFE72B.png

Last edited:
I have six, 3/4s Arrmas and this issue is one reason I keep numerous new steering bellcrank assemblies on hand. They are cheap from jennysrc.com, just a couple bucks each, and include the servo and link as well. Mainly I’ve found it to be a servo saver issue. They wear our rather quick, especially if you have larger/heavier tires. Also the link and bellcrank plastics get soft and bearings get crunchy. I run the 6s, s652 servo off the 6s cars. It fits the stock saver and is plenty strong for 3s cars. Whenever my steering starts doing what you described, I throw a new steering assembly in. At the same time I disassemble, clean and check all front end parts for issues.

I’ve tried different savers but they all wear out, so replacing them has worked the best. You could get a stronger servo and eliminate the servo saver all together. I’m looking at doing that with my two 4s builds. Just need to get much better servos first. A metal bellcrank and link also helps. I’ve been running the below on my two, 4s cars and 3s infraction for the last few months with good results.

GLOBACT Aluminum Alloy Steering Bellcrank and Steering Link, with Ball Bearing Upgrade Parts Set for 1/10 Arrma Senton 4X4 Granite 4X4 Typhon 4X4 Kraton 4X4 Big Rock 4X4 Replaces AR340132 (Red) https://a.co/d/fAZi7k1

View attachment 282142

View attachment 282143
That is a good idea will buy a set and try it out.

I removed the servo saver and put in a new servo just in case. And back to normal after that.

That is a good idea will buy a set and try it out.

I removed the servo saver and put in a new servo just in case. And back to normal after that.
They are cheap enough to get a few. Shipping is probably the same whether you buy one or four. That’s good that it went back to normal. Are you still running the stock servo? There s651? Those are notorious for going bad. They’ve been known , when going bad, to cause the ESC to whack out also. I have not had any trouble with the S652 in 3s cars in over two years. I’m not strong enough for the 6s cars but they’re really good for the lightweight 3s line.

They are cheap enough to get a few. Shipping is probably the same whether you buy one or four. That’s good that it went back to normal. Are you still running the stock servo? There s651? Those are notorious for going bad. They’ve been known , when going bad, to cause the ESC to whack out also. I have not had any trouble with the S652 in 3s cars in over two years. I’m not strong enough for the 6s cars but they’re really good for the lightweight 3s line.
Servo swapped out with a 20 Amazon cheapo.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back