Fireteam Steering end points programming

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jordanwah17

Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
On the fireteam, using the stock transmitter you must disconnect/unplug the brake servo to be able to use the +\- switch to adjust the end points.
Being new to the hobby, I was unaware of this and struggled to find any fireteam specific instructions and it left me scratching my head. For the stock SLT3 transmitter the process that worked for me is:
Disconnect RC battery
Remove the cover on the receiver
Unplug the rear brake (aux)
Ensure the steering sensitivity knob is at 100% (turned all the way to the right)
Connect RC battery
Power on the transmitter (to ensure it is bound to the RC)
Power on the RC
Power off the transmitter
Turn the transmitter wheel full lock right and hold
Engage full brake/reverse and hold
Power on the transmitter
(Hold both steering and brake while powering on the transmitter to enter programming mode)
Transmitter should blink red, release throttle and steering
This engages the steering end point setting
Turn full lock right and hold, use the +/- switch to set the travel
Release the steering wheel to save the end point
Turn full lock left and hold, use the +/- switch to set the travel
Release the steering wheel to save the end point
Power off the transmitter to save settings
Power on the transmitter and verify The end points were saved
Power everything off, disconnect the battery and replace the brake servo plug and compartment cover

I hope this helps any newcomers that faced the same trouble I did finding help, as this procedure is not in the instruction manual that comes with the fireteam.

Good info regarding removing the Brake servo plug for ST servo Endpoint adjusting.(y)(y):)
I know the Hand brake is a unique feature.
A novelty that will no doubt wear off. Just a gimmick IMHO.
I would remove it completely. It has no added value for me. If anything, it is just taxing the BEC circuit needlessly with the H brake servo just at Idle BEC amp draw. Not in use. Just like the Infraction V2. The HB servo quality is even questionable. If it fails, it can take out the ESC's BEC circuit IMO.
I am sure you will figure this out at some point. For now, it is just "Fluff". A novelty with no real use and the way the Radio engages it. If not setup precisely enough, just taxes the drivetrain anyway for something that provides little if any effective use at all. Needless weight if anything.:unsure:
Just me.:cool:

Last edited:
Good info regarding removing the Brake servo plug for ST servo Endpoint adjusting.(y)(y):)
I know the Hand brake is a unique feature.
A novelty that will no doubt wear off. Just a gimmick IMHO.
I would remove it completely. It has no added value for me. If anything, it is just taxing the BEC circuit needlessly with the H brake servo just at Idle BEC amp draw. Not in use. Just like the Infraction V2. The HB servo quality is even questionable. If it fails, it can take out the ESC's BEC circuit IMO.
I am sure you will figure this out at some point. For now, it is just "Fluff". A novelty with no real use and the way the Radio engages it. If not setup precisely enough, just taxes the drivetrain anyway for something that provides little if any effective use at all. Needless weight if anything.:unsure:
Just me.:cool:
Removing the brake was the first thing I did with this rig yesterday. Totally unnecessary piece of gear.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back