Notorious Steering funny? Popping balls?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PowerDubs

Military Veteran
Reaction score
I’d look at my truck every once in a while and turn the turnbuckle a little bit to visually bring a tire back into my mind’s spec.

Then a few days ago driving in my backyard I popped a tie rod off my ball for the first time ever while doing a cart wheel.

It was near dark so I just picked up the truck and carried it in the garage.

Yesterday I brought the truck over to my brother-in-law‘s and thinking maybe the plastic circle may have stretched a little I replaced the end from my spare parts pile.

Went out to drive our trucks, and within two minutes the arm popped off again, I popped it back on and but it popped off two or three more times in the next 10 minutes.

So…… Obviously there had to be something out of whack and I found out what it is.

1C67DE52-05B1-43F2-9463-A0C394F42840.jpeg

Oh yeah the akerman plate is a major weak link. M2c has a great replacement.. you will never have to worry again.

I would certainly have bought Mitch's- but I already had a spare sitting around from a voltage order last spring.

Yup- replacing with all new V4 parts with the bigger end caps to stop em from coming off again.

Can also try putting some teflon tape strips in them before popping them over the ball. Read that somewhere on here to help take out slop. My v4 balls/ends are very sloppy. They don't fall off because the v4 balls have a larger head on them, but they do still pop off the ball pretty easily which will damage them if I don't catch it right away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back