Typhon Steering Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalboy4

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
New Typhon 3s. Out of the box it was turning left quite a bit. I trimmed it out but seemed to limit my turning right and I had to mess with the trim quite a bit during a battery run like I could never get it right. So I took the servo saver off to another spline and re-centered everything.
Starting off I am slightly left with hardly any trim to the right and its good enough for me. But throughout the battery run it ends up being trimmed back to the right quite a bit and then all the sudden it seems like too much trim. What gives? Is my servo saver too loose? Do I even have any adjustment in it? Other than the screw in the center? Some googling showed turning the wheel while holding the servo saver to tighten but mine does't exactly look like the one in the video. Can you offer some guidance?
Im going to reply to myself, I just noticed a small hole in the chassis that lines up perfectly with the screw running in to the servo saver. The problem is I don't really know if it needs to be tighter or looser. I guess I'll test it out once I get a battery charged.

Last edited:
STX2 radio sucks
Stock servo sucks
Stock servo saver sucks
Pivot balls will wear out soon too
Steering rack bushings are sloppy AF

Make sure you center the servo before putting the servo saver on, then adjust the turnbuckles to get it as close to perfectly straight as possible, and use trim on the radio as a last resort.

STX2 radio sucks
Stock servo sucks
Stock servo saver sucks
Pivot balls will wear out soon too
Steering rack bushings are sloppy AF

Make sure you center the servo before putting the servo saver on, then adjust the turnbuckles to get it as close to perfectly straight as possible, and use trim on the radio as a last resort.
Can you suggest servo and saver?

Saver and bearing kit should arrive today. Servo is later. I saw some of your other posts on shimming at the hub. Where did you get the shims and or size of them?
I have been trying to find some new shims to be honest. The ones I bought before were 12mm x 18mm x 0.5mm from Amazon but I am going to grab a bag of these instead:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036R4RGW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awdb_t1_odTXEbPMXFBXN

These should be the correct inner diameter and the OD should be smaller than the 18mm outer race. My other shims hit both races. I was really looking for 16mm x 18mm x 0.1mm or 0.2mm but don’t see any online yet. I will keep looking tho.

...then adjust the turnbuckles to get it as close to perfectly straight as possible, and use trim on the radio as a last resort.
Wouldn't slight toe out be better? I thought a little toe out helped with steering drift.

I did bearings first, no change. Then I put on servo saver because my servo isn't here yet. That seemed to fix most all of it. I still notice some slop in the bell cranks and I think this is mostly where I'm having issues at this point but its very minimal EDIT: No I really think this slop is at wheel hub or the pivot balls. It holds a much straighter line.
I didn't expect to have to modify the servo saver in order to install it. I cut some of the arm (mounting point) to allow it to have full range of steering but, seems to work good.
Wouldn't slight toe out be better? I thought a little toe out helped with steering drift.
I still have toe out, probably close to how it came new. I started resetting/centering the servo saver and then adjusted the inside of the left and right tire the same to the chassis on each side.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back