Steering help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireburtbusto

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Have a Big Rock that is having trouble turning the wheels under throttle. I get some steering but not as much as I had previously. I had a minor bash, but all parts look to be in good condition. In reverse I get the steering rate I would expect.
If I am stationary on concrete or the truck doesn't have wheels on the ground, I get the dual rate steering with no issues.
What might I be missing here, and any suggestions on what I should be looking for?

Check the servo saver. It may be loose or the spring may be going bad. I know a lot of people, myself included, had to tighten the Big Rock servo saver strait out of the box brand new.

Me too. Servo saver was too weak. Just standing on the floor, the steering rate was reduced by the saver.
But specially in case of locked front diff and wider tires.
Also the steering servo is not really strong enough. Just hear the noise after tightening the servo saver in standing situation.
My servo was jelling: Overload! ;)

I changed the servo to a Team Corally CS-5226, but actual on 6V. Later I will increase the voltage to 7.4V but I need a separate BEC.
I done the mod last night, maybe it will stop raining later, so I can do the first test run. First impressions are: Much more faster and enough torque to turn the wheels while standing on the carpet.

Me too. Servo saver was too weak. Just standing on the floor, the steering rate was reduced by the saver.
But specially in case of locked front diff and wider tires.
Also the steering servo is not really strong enough. Just hear the noise after tightening the servo saver in standing situation.
My servo was jelling: Overload! ;)

I changed the servo to a Team Corally CS-5226, but actual on 6V. Later I will increase the voltage to 7.4V but I need a separate BEC.
I done the mod last night, maybe it will stop raining later, so I can do the first test run. First impressions are: Much more faster and enough torque to turn the wheels while standing on the carpet.
7.4 is too much for the diff servos. Just get a bluebird H50S. BEST TORQUE OF ANY SERVO..and 6v is all you need...

It is not necessary to put in a additional BEC for the servo.
As I told before to lift up the voltage just for the steering servo.

I already had the bluebird in my crawler... I was not so satisfied with that. Specially water kills both servos (4 - wheel steering).
Till yet, after totally 3 runs on 6S, the Corally is OK. Faster and stronger than the original servo.
Big difference between girlfriends Nero and my Big Rock! :)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back