Steering issue V2 Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EndUser

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hello everyone,

I’m newbie to the RC car hobby (thanks to my 11 year old son) and I’m having a great time with it. I have a question about the steering behavior on my V2 Senton and I’m seeking some advice from the experts here on the forum.

In short, my truck is about 4 months old and I’m having to constantly readjust the right/left trim knob on the transmitter to keep it moving straight. I should mention that I’m bashing it in the snow and ice filled streets of Anchorage and the chassis (and steering rack) invariable get filled with snow. Perhaps this is normal given my driving conditions (???), but it did not do this when it was new and has gotten progressively worse.

The reason I think there’s a problem is that the center point on the trim knob “drifts” even after I’ve cleaned up the truck. The steering center point is never in the same spot on the transmitter trim knob. I have recalibrated the trim knob to “zero” a couple of times now. In doing so, I have also re-centered the servo horn and made the appropriate end-point adjustments. But, after a few sessions the steering trim center is still “drifting” on the transmitter. Additionally, I’ve tightened up the servo saver thinking maybe it was too loose and not self-centering, but that has not made any difference it seems.

I’m running the stock OEM servo and I’m wondering if maybe the internal gears are starting to slip?? I have not taken it apart yet so this is just speculation. Is what I’ve described symptomatic of mechanically slipping servo? Or, could it be the transmitter going out of whack and not a mechanical problem?? Or, is it something less obvious I’m not thinking of??

Regards,

EndUser

Double checked hub nuts and steering linkages and everything's in order. Hubs are tight and linkages have no slop.

I'm beginning to think is either 1) the transmitter going out of "true," 2) the stock servo is slipping internally, or 3) servo saver is failing to self-center due to debris getting into it. At this point, I'm going to clean the servo saver and continue to incrementally tighten it and see what happens...

Regardless, I'm still having a blast with this awesome truck!!

Thx,

EndUser

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back