Granite Steering issues after changing esc.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigD383lt1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of upgrading my Granite 3s v2. The first thing I did was upgrade my steering servo to the s652. Ran the truck all was fine. I upgraded my esc to the 130a and now my steering is all screwed up. I set the end points on my son's v3 but I can't find anything on the stx2 remote and setting the end points. Any help would be greatly appreciated. When I turn it on the steering turns all the way right. If I turn the steering left it is pretty much center.

I am in the process of upgrading my Granite 3s v2. The first thing I did was upgrade my steering servo to the s652. Ran the truck all was fine. I upgraded my esc to the 130a and now my steering is all screwed up. I set the end points on my son's v3 but I can't find anything on the stx2 remote and setting the end points. Any help would be greatly appreciated. When I turn it on the steering turns all the way right. If I turn the steering left it is pretty much center.
1st you should take off your wheels or put the truck on a stand or something to get them off the ground. Disconnect your servo horn, then power on your tx, then the truck. Your servo should now be centered & you can reattach the servo horn

Can't set endpoints on the STX2. It's kind of a garbage RTR radio with latency issues. If you can, upgrade to one of the current RTR radios (either SLT3 with SLR300 receiver) or an SLT or DX3 with the SR315 receiver.

1st you should take off your wheels or put the truck on a stand or something to get them off the ground. Disconnect your servo horn, then power on your tx, then the truck. Your servo should now be centered & you can reattach the servo horn
What this guy said. Sounds like you didn’t center the servo before putting the horn on.

Welcome

No issues with running a Firma 130 on that rig...I am as well on it and a Big Rock. As they stated a better radio/transmitter to set the end points as well as make sure you did center the servo arm in the box before the final install.

1671598547306.png

Best advice is to invest in a real Upgrade radio.
A Radiolink RG4GS is not $Tragic$. Do this hobby right. The RTR Radio you have is not all that. Face it. Any decent radio worth its grain of salt, should easily set St Endpoints. If you can't, any servo will get trashed. You always have to set the endpoints again when you change out to a new servo.

https://www.amazon.com/Radiolink-2-4GHz-Transmitter-Receiver-Controller/dp/B07DPMVVKN/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=2KDQNPCKLYHZR&keywords=radiolink+rc4gs+v2&qid=1671598822&sprefix=rc4GS,aps,121&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUExUE1BN0dLQ080STZMJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwNjU4MzI2M0g3TlNYRUpPUzI0VCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwMDg5MjczM1IwVzYzWVoyTkdBRyZ3aWRnZXROYW1lPXNwX2F0ZiZhY3Rpb249Y2xpY2tSZWRpcmVjdCZkb05vdExvZ0NsaWNrPXRydWU=

Last edited:
I agree. The raidolink was my first transmitter and it surprised how well it works for the money.

The RC6GS surprised me. The Frame Rate and Range blows me away. The only radio I can speed run my Lim with. Not the prettiest radio going. But it works. Has all the features and then some. Radiolink supports F/W updates well. I use the Telem/ Gyro double anten. Rx. with my Lim.
Installed a lipo in it and it runs for hours on end before charging again. The 4GS and 6GS have the same performance.

The RC6GS surprised me. The Frame Rate and Range blows me away. The only radio I can speed run my Lim with. Not the prettiest radio going. But it works. Has all the features and then some. Radiolink supports F/W updates well. I use the Telem/ Gyro double anten. Rx. with my Lim.
Installed a lipo in it and it runs for hours on end before charging again. The 4GS and 6GS have the same performance.
I also have a nb4 but was thinking about using my 4gs and picked up a R7FG twin antenna receiver. Haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet.

R7Fg rocks. Need to mount 2 antennas. Be diligent about that, and this Rx rocks.
Lipo Voltage Telemetry works nicely. Does the 4GS have a telem screen menu?

R7Fg rocks. Need to mount 2 antennas. Be diligent about that, and this Rx rocks.
Lipo Voltage Telemetry works nicely. Does the 4GS have a telem screen menu?
It's been 4 years and allot of stuff since I used it so I don't rember much. :ROFLMAO: I will be setting it up this winter and looking forward to it.

I also have a nb4 but was thinking about using my 4gs and picked up a R7FG twin antenna receiver. Haven't had a chance to do anything with it yet.
I have the NB4 also. That's one cream puff of a $radio$. My fav. Just not having the range of a RC6 or RC4.
Also have a Dx5C. It's Meh.:rolleyes:

I have the NB4 also. That's one cream puff of a $radio$. My fav. Just not having the range of a RC6 or RC4.
Also have a Dx5C. It's Meh.:rolleyes:
Yes on the range. Other than that I love mine. I'm going to take apart a receiver and see if I can make it twin antenna. I think its been done.

Yes on the range. Other than that I love mine. I'm going to take apart a receiver and see if I can make it twin antenna. I think its been done.
I've been speed running w/ my nb4 & a fgr4 receiver that I added a 2nd antenna to. It has the ipex plug thingy in it already. I get enough range to not be able to see the car very well- not sure how far exactly 🤷‍♂️

I've been speed running w/ my nb4 & a fgr4 receiver that I added a 2nd antenna to. It has the ipex plug thingy in it already. I get enough range to not be able to see the car very well- not sure how far exactly 🤷‍♂️
Thats great! I took the receiver apart and I can use a extra antenna that I have. looks like a easy fix to the problem. thank you!!. Cant wait to test it. I guess the next step is to figure how far apart the antennas need to be. Sure ben enjoying working on my stuff. 👊

Last edited:
Thats great! I took the receiver apart and I can use a extra antenna that I have. looks like a easy fix to the problem. thank you!!. Cant wait to test it. I guess the next step is to figure how far apart the antennas need to be. Sure ben enjoying working on my stuff. 👊
Great man, cuz I honestly couldn't remember where I bought them!! 😆 I got something like this 👇 & just pulled the barrel thingy off the end. You can get all different lengths & my metric conversion must've been WAY off cuz mine ended up being like 18" long!🤣

Screenshot_20221221-164025_Samsung Internet.jpg

20221006_164032.jpg

20221017_155228.jpg

Try to get them at least 1/4 wavelength apart. For 2.4ghz that would be approximately 31.23mm. And if you can stagger the height that helps also.

That will do it. :) I do need longer ones to get them apart. Not sure how long yet. Whatever works good. Don't care what it looks like. Thanks for your help.

Seen how it is done. Quite easy once it is apart.
Just.... I don't' have the balls to disassemble my $NB4$.:rolleyes:
So the RC6GS for me, was my range solution. Otherwise my NB4 blows away the RC6GS, hands down. NB4 is in a different $catagory$ of radios.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back