Kraton Steering issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just got my Kraton running today and it works fine except the steering radius is gigantic. I think I need to tighten the servo saver, but I don't know how to do that. Is there a way to do it without taking the whole thing apart?

I just got my Kraton running today and it works fine except the steering radius is gigantic. I think I need to tighten the servo saver, but I don't know how to do that. Is there a way to do it without taking the whole thing apart?
Check the steering rate on your remote.... it is the dial closest to the back of the remote make sure you have it turned all the way up... i will post pic...
20160817_162029.jpg

Is it brand new? If so the factory likes to over loctite things take it apart and clean it up... can you turn the wheels all the way by hand? If so how hard is it do they snap back or stay put when you.turn it by hand? A video would help diagnose the issue. Upload it to face book or you tube and copy link paste here...

The wheels do not steer? Take your wheels off, check that the red nuts that secure your steering balls are not too tight. Loosen them, then tighten just enough till there is no lateral play in your steering joints. Any tighter than that, and it will make things hard or impossible for your servo to move.

Is it brand new? If so the factory likes to over loctite things take it apart and clean it up... can you turn the wheels all the way by hand? If so how hard is it do they snap back or stay put when you.turn it by hand? A video would help diagnose the issue. Upload it to face book or you tube and copy link paste here...
It is almost exactly a year old. I can turn the wheels pretty easily and they do snap back. Also, I'm sorry but my parents won't let me upload a YouTube video and currently I don't have a Facebook account.

Your servo saver is stuck. It should not snap back when you turn them by hand yhey should stay where they are turned to.

Last edited:
Ok.... i will post some pics and stuff lucky for you i have the wholefront torn apart replacing the ring and pinion. Give me a few minutes and i will try to show you how.... or if you want look at the manual and see how it all goes i will post pics of what its supposed to look like. If you don't have the manual get on arrma.com and you can view it there the blow ups are in the back along with maintanance instructions.

20160818_133143.jpg
it should look like this if it is functioning properly.
If its stuck it will look something like this(pic below) it needs to be snapped back in place you may not need to disassemble everything you may be able to hold it and snap it back like first pic. If not get on youtube and search arrma kraton servo save you should beable to find some good videos on disassembly and reassembly. If your not allowed youtube ask your mom or dad to do it with you so you don't get in trouble. I assume since your not allowed to upload to the tube your a youngster.

20160818_135528.jpg

Attachments

• 14715441844451258925588.jpg
    14715441844451258925588.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 44
Ok.... i will post some pics and stuff lucky for you i have the wholefront torn apart replacing the ring and pinion. Give me a few minutes and i will try to show you how.... or if you want look at the manual and see how it all goes i will post pics of what its supposed to look like. If you don't have the manual get on arrma.com and you can view it there the blow ups are in the back along with maintanance instructions.

View attachment 2565 it should look like this if it is functioning properly.
If its stuck it will look something like this(pic below) it needs to be snapped back in place you may not need to disassemble everything you may be able to hold it and snap it back like first pic. If not get on youtube and search arrma kraton servo save you should beable to find some good videos on disassembly and reassembly. If your not allowed youtube ask your mom or dad to do it with you so you don't get in trouble. I assume since your not allowed to upload to the tube your a youngster.

View attachment 2566
I don't think it's stuck actually but I think it's just not tight enough. And yes I just turned 12 years old.

View media item 200 it looks fine, and it was set like that from the factory. How do I tighten that? Preferably I don't want to take it apart, but I can if I have to.

I don't think it's stuck actually but I think it's just not tight enough. And yes I just turned 12 years old.
Then just tighten it its a pain in the butt to do while its together... however it should stay turned when you turn it while car is off... if its snapping back then you have an issue someplace....

This is too loose...

Then just tighten it its a pain in the butt to do while its together... however it should stay turned when you turn it while car is off... if its snapping back then you have an issue someplace....

This is too loose...

When it's running it just does the exact same thing that the truck in the video was doing.

Actually I just checked and it doesn't snap back.

When it's running it just does the exact same thing that the truck in the video was doing.

Actually I just checked and it doesn't snap back.
Then you just need to tighten it up it is too loose... maybe your mom or dad can give you a hand its hard to turn when its in the truck. But you have small fingers mine are not so maybe you will have better luck than me... i can barley get in there... if you need to take the red plate off the top thats easy to remove and will give you a little more room... you will need to remove the top two a-arm screw pins too... i put red lines by all that need to be removed to get a bit more room. Pay attention to the shims and where they go on a-arm screw pins. They snap on easily before you tighten the pins back in all the way. Get them started then put shims back in an finish tightening them up.
20160819_160514.jpg
20160819_160357.jpg
20160819_160357.jpg

Attachments

• 1471637452035-1002851190.jpg
    1471637452035-1002851190.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 45
  • 14716374828331088822196.jpg
    14716374828331088822196.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 43
Then you just need to tighten it up it is too loose... maybe your mom or dad can give you a hand its hard to turn when its in the truck. But you have small fingers mine are not so maybe you will have better luck than me... i can barley get in there... if you need to take the red plate off the top thats easy to remove and will give you a little more room... you will need to remove the top two a-arm screw pins too... i put red lines by all that need to be removed to get a bit more room. Pay attention to the shims and where they go on a-arm screw pins. They snap on easily before you tighten the pins back in all the way. Get them started then put shims back in an finish tightening them up.View attachment 2578 View attachment 2577 View attachment 2577
Thanks so much! I have been camping all weekend, but I will try to do it tomorrow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back