Typhon Steering issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arrmablx3s

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
My typhon keeps hanging to the left I try to adjust the trim and it starts to hang more to the opposite side I can’t seem to get it to go straight like it was before, anyone got any tips?

My typhon keeps hanging to the left I try to adjust the trim and it starts to hang more to the opposite side I can’t seem to get it to go straight like it was before, anyone got any tips?

it is possible the servo is going bad.. had the servo been wet at all? how many pavks through the rig? i have had a couple wander, failing to center, that were never exposed to water.. it happens, they are quite low budget servo's...

another possibility is you may have small stones stuck in the bellcrank area, or servo horn area, this can lead to random sticking.. it is worth a look..?

ok so, the stones you will hear in there if you just shake it around some.. just don't confuse the noise of the esc plug banging around.. strap it /hold it down prior to shaking..if you have stones in there it will be obvious.. but because you have to check the servo anyway the next step will help you visually inspect for stones as well...

you will have to remove the steering/rx module.. first unplug your 3 motor wires ( blue, yellow, and orange)..once unplugged remove them from the wire retainer in the chassis...

now if you flip the rig over, front facing you, there is a hole in the chassis on the right side.. if you straighten the wheels you will see a button head allen screw align with this window.. remove that screw.. this disconnects the bellcranks from the servo saver...

next will be the 4 screws holding the module.. they are again on the right side, (remember upside down, and front facing you)... these screws are clearly marked in the chassis with dots moulded into the chassis behind each screw.. remove those 4 screws.. your module will then be loose so be sure not to drop it.. you can rest your hand under it while removing the last screw..?

now the module is out.. hook up a battery to the esc.. turn on your tx, then your esc.. turn your steering trim knob to center on the tx... now look at your servo saver.. it has an arrow on it.. that arrow should align with the arrow on the module housing.. if you have to trim it a little to get it to center thats ok.. if its a bunch pull the saver.. center trim and reinstall..

now play with the wheel a bunch.. turn all over, little bit, a bunch...left right.. over and over.. does it fall back on center every time or no? pay close attention to it every time you activate it.. also let the wheel rest sometimes, does it remain still? or is it hunting?

report back with your findings and id be glad to help further if you need..✌

We had a couple of those steering problems after our track session since 2018. We dismantle and rebuild all the servo set up and normally, the truck was going linear afterwards...

So one of my tires I just noticed is wearing out super fast the rear left side

ok so, the stones you will hear in there if you just shake it around some.. just don't confuse the noise of the esc plug banging around.. strap it /hold it down prior to shaking..if you have stones in there it will be obvious.. but because you have to check the servo anyway the next step will help you visually inspect for stones as well...

you will have to remove the steering/rx module.. first unplug your 3 motor wires ( blue, yellow, and orange)..once unplugged remove them from the wire retainer in the chassis...

now if you flip the rig over, front facing you, there is a hole in the chassis on the right side.. if you straighten the wheels you will see a button head allen screw align with this window.. remove that screw.. this disconnects the bellcranks from the servo saver...

next will be the 4 screws holding the module.. they are again on the right side, (remember upside down, and front facing you)... these screws are clearly marked in the chassis with dots moulded into the chassis behind each screw.. remove those 4 screws.. your module will then be loose so be sure not to drop it.. you can rest your hand under it while removing the last screw..?

now the module is out.. hook up a battery to the esc.. turn on your tx, then your esc.. turn your steering trim knob to center on the tx... now look at your servo saver.. it has an arrow on it.. that arrow should align with the arrow on the module housing.. if you have to trim it a little to get it to center thats ok.. if its a bunch pull the saver.. center trim and reinstall..

now play with the wheel a bunch.. turn all over, little bit, a bunch...left right.. over and over.. does it fall back on center every time or no? pay close attention to it every time you activate it.. also let the wheel rest sometimes, does it remain still? or is it hunting?

Ok so I got the Servo off my battery is charging so your saying to plug up the battery set the trim to the middle on the controller then check to see if the arrows are aligned? If not move the trim on the tx until it aligns if it’s off by a lot I can just pull the server for it to align? Then reinstall is that correct?

Ok so I got the Servo off my battery is charging so your saying to plug up the battery set the trim to the middle on the controller then check to see if the arrows are aligned? If not move the trim on the tx until it aligns if it’s off by a lot I can just pull the server for it to align? Then reinstall is that correct?

yes sir.. exactly..? if you need to turn the trim knob more than a 1/4 turn it needs to be pulled, centered, and reinstalled

Ok so basically either way the Servo has to be aligned with the arrows and the steering trim will be in the middle

Ok so basically either way the Servo has to be aligned with the arrows and the steering trim will be in the middle

in a perfect world yes.. in reality probably not.. it will have to be turned a little most likely unless you adjust the steering turnbuckles to center which you can do.. then yes, everything would be aligned and centered...?

So I barely had to move the trim over just a little for it to center on the Servo

that is just fine..? now move on to the testing mentioned above..?

Just letting people know i switched to aproximatly 20k in the front and its a big differance now i can take corner sharper and braking and turning are just perfect now if you have too thin diff fluid in the front the steering will get unconsistant. Andthey don't put much fluid at all in there out of the box

@Camaroboy383

so I re installed the servo and it seems to not want to remain still when I tested it on several speed runs it still tends to go to either the right or the left side a tad not sure why it’s doing it

if the servo checked out ok it would be strictly mechanical imo.. wether it is slop in the mechanics (which we know exists) in the turnbuckles and the bellcranks.. or the way the toe is setup.. there will always be some kind of slop you cant completely dial out unless you try real real hard, its far from a precision machine.. you see guys on youtube doing speed runs, trust me when i say they are "driving" that thing.. so in a nut shell a little bit of wander is quite normal imo..?

Try adjusting the best you can i have the ads 15 on my typjon and it seems to do ehat you said while on my kraton i took her out today to try the new servo and the tactic controller for 10 mins before it started raining and its an arrow i trimmer it inside my house at the naked eye and it wentmlike an arrow outside

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back