Typhon Steering issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if the servo checked out ok it would be strictly mechanical imo.. wether it is slop in the mechanics (which we know exists) in the turnbuckles and the bellcranks.. or the way the toe is setup.. there will always be some kind of slop you cant completely dial out unless you try real real hard, its far from a precision machine.. you see guys on youtube doing speed runs, trust me when i say they are "driving" that thing.. so in a nut shell a little bit of wander is quite normal imo..?
Yea the Servo seems fine when I Centered the arrow on the Servo I barely had to move the trim on controller I put it back and it seemed fine seems like it doesn’t always hang to one side. When I brought it to a complete and I was playing with the steering I noticed the servo doesn’t always straighten itself in the middle. Before I installed it I noticed it did straighten itself back to the middle after playing with it turning it side to side. It just seemed to run straighter when I first got it but I get what your saying
Try adjusting the best you can i have the ads 15 on my typjon and it seems to do ehat you said while on my kraton i took her out today to try the new servo and the tactic controller for 10 mins before it started raining and its an arrow i trimmer it inside my house at the naked eye and it wentmlike an arrow outside
Ads 15?

Yea the Servo seems fine when I Centered the arrow on the Servo I barely had to move the trim on controller I put it back and it seemed fine seems like it doesn’t always hang to one side. When I brought it to a complete and I was playing with the steering I noticed the servo doesn’t always straighten itself in the middle. Before I installed it I noticed it did straighten itself back to the middle after playing with it turning it side to side. It just seemed to run straighter when I first got it but I get what your saying

Ads 15?
Its the name of arrma 15kg servo on the stock 4-6s platforms the servo is called ads-15 and on the 3s ads-7 for 7kg who is mediocre who needs swaping day 1
I have put the ds3218pro do not get ghe blue coreless one it has too much sloppage on my kraton 4s today and jesus christ it goes like an arrow going to take her out tomorrow and see how it perfroms i have another one for my typhon on the way costed me 28$ canadien who is lets say 23$Usd

Its the name of arrma 15kg servo on the stock 4-6s platforms the servo is called ads-15 and on the 3s ads-7 for 7kg who is mediocre who needs swaping day 1
I have put the ds3218pro do not get ghe blue coreless one it has too much sloppage on my kraton 4s today and jesus christ it goes like an arrow going to take her out tomorrow and see how it perfroms i have another one for my typhon on the way costed me 28$ canadien who is lets say 23$Usd
Can you send me the website for the one for the typhon that you ordered

Ads 15?

remember, a servo will not return to center if on the ground not in motion.. especially in a 3s

if the servo checked out ok it would be strictly mechanical imo.. wether it is slop in the mechanics (which we know exists) in the turnbuckles and the bellcranks.. or the way the toe is setup.. there will always be some kind of slop you cant completely dial out unless you try real real hard, its far from a precision machine.. you see guys on youtube doing speed runs, trust me when i say they are "driving" that thing.. so in a nut shell a little bit of wander is quite normal imo..?
What does the screw that seems to be directly under The servo from the chassis do?

https://www.amazon.com/ZOSKAY-Water...d=1&keywords=ds3218+pro&qid=1590906356&sr=8-1
Servo name is ds3218pro its the better version of the ds3218
Everybody buys those servos nawadays for their rtr
So I just ordered your recommended ds3218 pro servo do you know of any links to help me install/align the servo once I get it it’s my first time doing it, is there any calibration or binding I need to do to it once installed? Would appreciate any feed back you could give me thanks in advance
Of any

So I just ordered your recommended ds3218 pro servo do you know of any links to help me install/align the servo once I get it it’s my first time doing it, is there any calibration or binding I need to do to it once installed? Would appreciate any feed back you could give me thanks in advance
Of any
Its easy recenter your steering trim remive the radio box with the 4 screws under the chassi. Remove the 4 screws holding the servo in with the washers and one screw that connects the servo links to the steering assembly and the whole think will pull right out. Just remove the servo saver at that point and transfer it to the new servo but before that plug the new servo on the receiver in channel 1 it will immeditly center itself and then put the servo saver back in streight like shown on the radio box put a bit of threadlock on the screw and you its the reverse process to put it back togueter

Agreed, just line up your arrows (one on the servo saver, one on the rx box) and your in..?..

Its easy recenter your steering trim remive the radio box with the 4 screws under the chassi. Remove the 4 screws holding the servo in with the washers and one screw that connects the servo links to the steering assembly and the whole think will pull right out. Just remove the servo saver at that point and transfer it to the new servo but before that plug the new servo on the receiver in channel 1 it will immeditly center itself and then put the servo saver back in streight like shown on the radio box put a bit of threadlock on the screw and you its the reverse process to put it back togueter
This might sound like a dumb question but is it connected to the esc I haven’t taken it apart yet but it looks like it is I’m assuming it plugs into the esc the same way the old one does I’m sure it’s super simple I’m probably just over thinking it newbie mistake

This might sound like a dumb question but is it connected to the esc I haven’t taken it apart yet but it looks like it is I’m assuming it plugs into the esc the same way the old one does I’m sure it’s super simple I’m probably just over thinking it newbie mistake
Thanks @Camaroboy383 and @Surchaufeur i think
I figured it out it was less complicated than I thought and yea my servo smells burnt and one of the wires is cut lol can’t wait for my new servo to come in the mail any day now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    230.5 KB · Views: 45
Thanks @Camaroboy383 and @Surchaufeur i think
I figured it out it was less complicated than I thought and yea my servo smells burnt and one of the wires is cut lol can’t wait for my new servo to come in the mail any day now

Glad you got it apart buddy.. as you can see now that it is opened up the servo is plugged into the receiver.. as well as the esc..

a good saying to remember is, channel 1 to turn, channel 2 to burn.. meaning the steering servo is always channel 1, esc is always channel 2..?.. you also want to remember the black wire always faces the outside of the receiver..✌

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back