Kraton Steering Issues

kirkpatrick09

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
After a bash session the other day I noticed my Kraton was not turning correctly. Brought it inside and checked all my pillow balls and the rest caps that apply pressure to the pillow balls. None seemed too tight. I did back them off a touch but still steering wouldn't operate correctly. I pulled the steering servo apart and checked the gears and they checked out good. Next I took off the "steering bell crank/servo saver assembly and noticed the small metal plate was bent. I straightened this plate back out dang near perfect and reinstalled. Now my steering works but at full lock to the left it will hang and I have to help it by hand to get it to recenter. I wasn't sure how tight the nut should be on the servo saver either I believe I have it set to about stock settings. If anyone has any suggestions I'd appreciate it. I've been tinkering with it and just haven't had any luck!! Thank you!

dpricenator

Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
If you are talking about the steering rack getting bent, then Voltage Hobbies sells a super beefy version of it. Mine was bent when I went to replace it. Also, Hot Racing sells an aluminum Bell crank assembly. Other wise, I have no idea. I am having a similar problem on a 1/18 truck. I'm about to just use the truck for parts, it's just to dang small to work on.