Granite Steering jerking to the right

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But didn't you say you're doing that exact same thing? " I ordered a servo saver for the V2 of the Granite BLX in 25T that also fits in the steering of the V3"

Sorry for the confusion

But didn't you say you're doing that exact same thing? " I ordered a servo saver for the V2 of the Granite BLX in 25T that also fits in the steering of the V3"

Sorry for the confusion
Yes, I did just that. But, I don't know if the servo saver of the Mega is the same on the BLX. But my research did reveal that they should be the same. So if I were you, I'd look what my servo saver looks like and if it's like the picture I've posted but is black, I'd order the red one.

IMO you can't just order any servo saver which others might recommend, because you'll have to be able to hook it to the steering. I don't want to give you the tip to do this. Better to get the real thing.
When you order a servo it must have the correct dimensions. Luckily the servo is a standard size (40x20mm). Height is not a problem.

Great, thanks, will order the red, or the kimbrough 123 or 124.cheers!
Like I've said, you could have trouble fitting the kimbrough (or any other than the ARRMA) servo saver to your Mega. The ARRMA doesn't cost more and you'll have the guarantee that it fits.

Quick update. Got the Vipmoon servos today and swapped out in one truck (one with fried servo) to get it running. As suggested used one of the plastic pieces as a temp servo horn due to the supplied metal one being too long. Had to chop an end off to get full travel. Once servo savers get here I'll swap that out, but at least my sons face lit right up when he saw it fixed. Thank you everyone!
Also going out of town for work tomorrow so hopefully the truck will hold up and escs+motors+ss's get here by Friday to swap both out.

Will update servo saver affect w/motor+esc when swapped and tested.
Cheers!

Quick update. Got the Vipmoon servos today and swapped out in one truck (one with fried servo) to get it running. As suggested used one of the plastic pieces as a temp servo horn due to the supplied metal one being too long. Had to chop an end off to get full travel. Once servo savers get here I'll swap that out, but at least my sons face lit right up when he saw it fixed. Thank you everyone!
Also going out of town for work tomorrow so hopefully the truck will hold up and escs+motors+ss's get here by Friday to swap both out.

Will update servo saver affect w/motor+esc when swapped and tested.
Cheers!

You must MUST set your steering end points or dual rate so that the servo isn’t trying to push the steering rack farther than it can go. If you don’t do this step or your kids change it, you will burn a servo or break something.

Just to give you an idea - my son’s new Kraton EXB is using a JX Ecoboost with a DumboRC radio. The steering dual rate has to stay under 50% or it pushes it past the end points of the steering. On our ECX Amp MT with a KS-3518 servo when I first installed it and turned the wheel it popped the plastic ball socket off because it pushed it too far. I was lucky that little truck is made of lots of plastic.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip. Yeah I did do that due to server being 270 degrees and being quite strong. (initially I didn't trim the end of the plastic servo horn and the servo would push the whole esc/servo assembly. Then I trimmed and reset.) it's got some power!

Anyway, thanks again!

Thanks for the tip. Yeah I did do that due to server being 270 degrees and being quite strong. (initially I didn't trim the end of the plastic servo horn and the servo would push the whole esc/servo assembly. Then I trimmed and reset.) it's got some power!

Anyway, thanks again!

Glad you got up and running. Let us know how it works out, and of course if you get stuck or have questions we are here to help. :)

Here’s a great video for setting your end points if your using the stock transmitter

So that's going to take close to an eternity being in Canada and all. I'm getting quite frustrated with the research meterial on swapping out the servo and servo saver. Honestly got 2 of these for the kids and am down right ready to pack it all in. For the life of me, I cannot find an upgrade. Some tell me to keep a couple of the wrong ones on hand, others just tell me the servo is crappy... Well great, that helps, meanwhile my child can't play with his truck and I can't seem to find any direction on how to replace with local, or decent shipped upgrades. Seriously a "mega" bummer! Regretting my decision to go with arrma at all due to limited information. The arrma website doesn't even list the BLX servo saver as an optional item for the Mega v3. Does this mean it doesn't fit? If it does, why wouldn't they list as optional in order to increase the upgrade paths.

Also, can't seem to find an aftermarket SS also due to the very limited information. Is this really a guess and test scenario... I could be ordering, waiting, then finding out no dice, then onto the next. That will take months! Arrrrgh! I hate this truck, and the community seems not to understand this disappoint for a child... (full dad mode, lol). My son "was" so happy with his truck. Now, doesn't even want to look at it!

Can someone please help? How to I go on ebay and find a reasonably priced replacement "right away"? I can't even find out what to get and have been searching for over a day now.
Might not be as bad as you think. Im in Durham Region and just recently did a warranty replacement of a BLX100 ESC I bought from my LHS. Spoke with customer service via chat on Horizon's website on a Sunday, sent proof of purchase and pics via email Monday, and had new ESC shipped and delivered Thursday. Of the same week.

So another quick update... Got the kimbrough 123 servo savers and installed in my sons truck. (due to the new servo being 25T instead of stock 23T). The new ones mount a little different. I had to drill the steering linkage attachment hole a bit to use the stock screw, and then the stock servo saver has a threaded end but the new one doesn't. So I cut off the threaded end of the stock with tin snips and used it to sandwich the steeling linkage. Re-programmed the travel, and now Works great.

Also installed the hobbywing max10 sct with the packaged 3200kv brushless motor. For anyone doing this you also need a 5mm bore 48P pinion. The stock grub screw will surely strip and its bore size isn't big enough. The new motor came with a 48P 25T 5mm bore pinion, but that would surely kill the drivetrain, so I got a 17T, 48P as compared to the stock 14T. They didn't have 14, so just went as close as possible.

I programmed the ECT to minimize the punch setting, and loosened the slipper clutch a bit in hopes to be as easy on the drivetrain as possible. Won't be running 3S either and don't care about wheelies at this stage, so we'll see how long the drive train lasts.

That said, the truck is super fun now. Haven't ran a whole pack yet to see if the runtime is better, but whoa, seems fast and throttle response and steering is nice!

Couple more things, the ESC came with XT90 battery connector (it was listed as needing soldering ones own end) luckily, I planned to go XT90 anyway, and had pre-made 2 XT90 parallel connectors, and converted my batteries.

That's quite the upgrade for this truck, we're not too into hardcore bashing yet anyway, we're just fine putting around, lol. and the plan is the replace as parts are broken.... So if drivetrain goes, upgrades are welcome.

I did find working on the truck it really relieved my stress too... And that's priceless.

Learned a lot from this, but will surely have questions to come in the future. I did find it really hard to find the answers to the questions I had, so hopefully this post can help others with minimal experience like me.

Cheers!

So another quick update... Got the kimbrough 123 servo savers and installed in my sons truck. (due to the new servo being 25T instead of stock 23T). The new ones mount a little different. I had to drill the steering linkage attachment hole a bit to use the stock screw, and then the stock servo saver has a threaded end but the new one doesn't. So I cut off the threaded end of the stock with tin snips and used it to sandwich the steeling linkage. Re-programmed the travel, and now Works great.

Also installed the hobbywing max10 sct with the packaged 3200kv brushless motor. For anyone doing this you also need a 5mm bore 48P pinion. The stock grub screw will surely strip and its bore size isn't big enough. The new motor came with a 48P 25T 5mm bore pinion, but that would surely kill the drivetrain, so I got a 17T, 48P as compared to the stock 14T. They didn't have 14, so just went as close as possible.

I programmed the ECT to minimize the punch setting, and loosened the slipper clutch a bit in hopes to be as easy on the drivetrain as possible. Won't be running 3S either and don't care about wheelies at this stage, so we'll see how long the drive train lasts.

That said, the truck is super fun now. Haven't ran a whole pack yet to see if the runtime is better, but whoa, seems fast and throttle response and steering is nice!

Couple more things, the ESC came with XT90 battery connector (it was listed as needing soldering ones own end) luckily, I planned to go XT90 anyway, and had pre-made 2 XT90 parallel connectors, and converted my batteries.

That's quite the upgrade for this truck, we're not too into hardcore bashing yet anyway, we're just fine putting around, lol. and the plan is the replace as parts are broken.... So if drivetrain goes, upgrades are welcome.

I did find working on the truck it really relieved my stress too... And that's priceless.

Learned a lot from this, but will surely have questions to come in the future. I did find it really hard to find the answers to the questions I had, so hopefully this post can help others with minimal experience like me.

Cheers!

Glad you got up and running! Don’t loosen the slipper too much - you will hear it make sounds if it’s slipping too much.

I would try up a few notches in punch. Better to have the power available when you want it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back