Outcast steering links popping off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Brand new outcast, tried the past two nights for a few minutes just so the son could see his truck run before the weekend. Just some very light running and the steering link has popped off 4 times. It takes hardly any effort to put them on. Arrma said they are sending new links, but I'm beginning to wonder if the metal balls are maybe the wrong size? I see other people were having this problem a number of years back, I would have assumed they fixed it. As is the truck is basically undrivable.

Brand new outcast, tried the past two nights for a few minutes just so the son could see his truck run before the weekend. Just some very light running and the steering link has popped off 4 times. It takes hardly any effort to put them on. Arrma said they are sending new links, but I'm beginning to wonder if the metal balls are maybe the wrong size? I see other people were having this problem a number of years back, I would have assumed they fixed it. As is the truck is basically undrivable.
Something definitely sounds wrong with this picture. I've bashed the living crap out of mine and had my link only pop off once after flubbing a double backflip onto very hardpack dirt, landed very wrong and cartwheeled violently. Hope you find the solution and share it.

Are yours on tight? These literally take the slightest bit of force to get on. I think the links on my 1/16th scale take more force than this. I can attach them with one hand easily. My Losi 1/8th scale needs two hands a good bit of force.

I'd say something's wrong with your outcast.. I took mine to a bmx track never had a clue what I was doing and bashed the poop out of it and the link popped out once..eventually I did brake a lower support arm but I was still smiling as I couldn't believe how many times I f****d up and that's all I broke

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back