Granite Steering links

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAGLELITE

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I’m looking to find just the steering link on my granite voltage.....seems in order to get them you have to buy the whole kit just to get the link......do you guys know of anything available to buy just the links? I have all the other parts that come with kit,,,,I just need the steering links.....maybe some other products links?

About to post the same question , found this post and decided to bump it in hopes that someone has found a better way to get a new steering arm without having to buy 4 other parts you don't need....

Just part of RC.
Many parts are sold as assemblies. Is what it is.
If you are all in with RC, then normally expect to end up with extra spare parts and a bin full of them.

Not 100% sure, but some have used certain Traxasss Steel Metal balls with success????:cool:
Many who tried the Aluminum HR balls had them wear out and gather slop fast like the stockers do.

Not 100% sure, but some have used certain Traxasss Steel Metal balls with success????:cool:
Many who tried the Aluminum HR balls had them wear out and gather slop fast like the stockers do.
I run traxxas slash links on my typhon armed senton 3s, the length is correct for the long arms, but the steel balls are not as wide as the arrma ones, and need shims to fit right. Kindof annoying. Im sure there are steel or hard anodized aluminum balls from another application that would be a more direct fit.

The hot racing aluminum balls were barely an upgrade from plastic in my opinion.

This is why I'm here! I was about to order those HR red ones.. think ill hold off now lol.
Might look at the balls for the losi 22sct (the cheaper one). I wanna say same width as traxxas but the balls bigger... maybe 1/100000000 itd be same or close to arrma.. I've got some here somewhere, ill find em and see.

Just part of RC.
Many parts are sold as assemblies. Is what it is.
Yeah, I get that, but marketing went overboard on this one. $13.99 is more than 10% of the original cost of the truck, and I only get one of the items that the truck needs 2 of......( and yes, I know this feeds right into your argument against these cheap units....)

Or switch to metal links with plastic ends, then you can just have a bag of rod ends.
I was hoping someone had a drop in replacement, plastic or metal, not really worried about performance , just trying to keep them running for my grandkids. I've had good luck with Arrma , usually the high wear or most likely to break items are individually available, the diff outdrive cups on these Voltages I have a drawer full.

If the balls are rather loose and sloppy, like even out the box....I will tend use small layered strips of Teflon Tape into the holes of the link ends, then pop the balls back in. Works like a charm. Some trial and error to get it where you like it. Make them snug and with use, they will wear in nicely.
This a cheap hack, but one that works.(y) I seen this one at the Track many years back.
T Tape is inexpenesive and probably already in your house somewhere. IDK.

Yeah, I get that, but marketing went overboard on this one. $13.99 is more than 10% of the original cost of the truck, and I only get one of the items that the truck needs 2 of......( and yes, I know this feeds right into your argument against these cheap units....)

I was hoping someone had a drop in replacement, plastic or metal, not really worried about performance , just trying to keep them running for my grandkids. I've had good luck with Arrma , usually the high wear or most likely to break items are individually available, the diff outdrive cups on these Voltages I have a drawer full.
I went through three Voltages in the beginning and still have a bunch of parts left over. I like that you have them set up for your grandkids, so PM me what you need. I’ll see if I have the parts and try to get them out in the mail before my surgery Monday. Let me know soon as I’m moving very slow right now.

Eh?

20230606_132900.jpg

I looked on ebay, not my first choice for buying stuff... but I did look, must have had a filter set wrong, my bad .... THANKS.

I went through three Voltages in the beginning and still have a bunch of parts left over. I like that you have them set up for your grandkids, so PM me what you need. I’ll see if I have the parts and try to get them out in the mail before my surgery Monday. Let me know soon as I’m moving very slow right now.
I thought you decide to keep them a while back? I really do appreciate the offer, but you got more important stuff to worry about than a couple broken RCs. And I would feel bad about the grandkids comment.... the trucks were originally bought for my grandsons, but.... when we start handing out remotes they always ask for the bigger cars. And (not that I spoil them) grandpa always caves.... so 3+ year old drives the LMT gravedigger and the 5+ year old is driving my new 6S Kraton (with a dumbo turned wayyyy down). My 2 daughters end up driving the voltages, which is where the steering arm problem arises.... they hit everything in sight, and you know when those big front tires hit something then the steering arms pop off. Probably happened 6-7 times, lost 2 and found 1. I just wanted to buy 4-5 and throw them in the tool box. I like to keep the voltages running so everyone has something to play with, we put 6 trucks out there and have a blast. So again, thanks for the offer, we can work something out when you get back on your feet.

I looked on ebay, not my first choice for buying stuff... but I did look, must have had a filter set wrong, my bad .... THANKS.

I thought you decide to keep them a while back? I really do appreciate the offer, but you got more important stuff to worry about than a couple broken RCs. And I would feel bad about the grandkids comment.... the trucks were originally bought for my grandsons, but.... when we start handing out remotes they always ask for the bigger cars. And (not that I spoil them) grandpa always caves.... so 3+ year old drives the LMT gravedigger and the 5+ year old is driving my new 6S Kraton (with a dumbo turned wayyyy down). My 2 daughters end up driving the voltages, which is where the steering arm problem arises.... they hit everything in sight, and you know when those big front tires hit something then the steering arms pop off. Probably happened 6-7 times, lost 2 and found 1. I just wanted to buy 4-5 and throw them in the tool box. I like to keep the voltages running so everyone has something to play with, we put 6 trucks out there and have a blast. So again, thanks for the offer, we can work something out when you get back on your feet.
Yes and no lol. One was stolen, one’s a basket case and one is up and running. Thanks man, catch ya later.

I think you need to make those even more Child friendly. Slow them down alot. My son also wanted all that speed like mine when he was 7 yo. I told him to stop hitting things and he did. Then I gradually got him up to speed. I also found it boring bashing my fast ones with his slow one. Now at 13 he drive's better than I sometimes. At least he breaks less than I do now. Also speed runs his Infr. extremely well into the 90's now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back