Kraton steering play

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevinw71

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 4s
Hello I have a Kraton 4s and it has a ton of front wheel play. How can I fix this problem. I installed the Hot Racing steering.

HR steering didn't help. Sorry you wasted your money on Bling and time and still have ST slop. At least you are not alone and many guys/gals do this, thinking it is the best thing since sliced bread. 🤷‍♂️ Not.
I'll let others explain further. Or you can search around for the answers and the fix on AF as many discuss this normal issue...
try using the Red Search button. (4x4 rigs)

Yeah I’m dealing with this exact same issue, TONS of play in the steering making it super unpredictable.
Let me know if you come across any useful information!

I have a Kraton 4S...w/ HR P.Balls...HR St.Bock...HR Hubs...HR BellCrank...& HR 17mm Adaptors. I have absolutely no steering play issue whatsoever. I watched the EastTactics vid on cleaning up slop...and it all makes sense...but I find that when using ALL of those components combined...IT CLEANS UP ALLLLL THE SLOP!...I was also using the Kimbrough 124 large...but the dimensions on that SS are a bit larger than the stock SS. It just didnt line up right. So I took out the spring from the Kimbrough and put it into the stock SS...and HUGEe difference. Like I said I have absolutely no issues with my steering. I hope this helps
I would love to see a vid of the steering slop you are talking about. Videos always tell a better story :)

Last edited:
So I ended up going to harbor freight and getting a set of rubber grommets, and a cut some in half and placed them on the steering links, and they now have next to zero slop!

a package of like 6 or 7 grommet sizes with 10-20 per size was only like $5 bucks.

FAE1D9A6-47F0-4393-9B1C-BFB778E36B38.jpeg

C81BC610-2B4D-418A-A042-D2FA896D0E1E.jpeg

27D97284-4AD8-40A5-88B0-5D8BB49B2587.jpeg

Back