Outcast Steering query

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
So, my Outcast has less steering left vs the right, the turning circle is huge whilst turning left..!!

Although when on the bench my wheels turn equal distance left and right, all the endpoints are set and it's all centered correctly, recently fitted the Vitavon servo saver hoping to cure my issue 🤪 yet the car still has more steering turning right, it has an upgraded 70kg servo fitted too.
This is a RTR version with the M2C steering upgrade amongst other upgrades...

Has anyone had this happen and if so, how did you fix it.??
Send help.!!

Come on guys, I know there are some 8s owners here..!!😉🤣
He bro. Check the weird looking nut that connects the steering link.

Mine had come loose and was hitting the steering rack.

674536ED-1D16-4E25-AC2E-CAF031AE140A.jpeg

I will check that thx,
but when the car is on the bench with wheels in the air the steering works equally in both directions 🤔🤪🤪

That vid taught me nothing 🤣🤣 and that’s 34 minutes of my life I’m never getting back !!
Thanks for helping out though 👍🏼 I’m sure that vid will help some people, just not me 😉 I did learn that Savox servos aren’t worth their price tag 🤪🤣

That vid taught me nothing 🤣🤣 and that’s 34 minutes of my life I’m never getting back !!
Thanks for helping out though 👍🏼 I’m sure that vid will help some people, just not me 😉 I did learn that Savox servos aren’t worth their price tag 🤪🤣
My humble apologies then. I do hate wasting people's time. Have you been able to narrow down what the issue might be?

My humble apologies then. I do hate wasting people's time. Have you been able to narrow down what the issue might be?
@Diem Turner .. No apologies needed 😍 grateful for any help tbh 👍🏼
I think this weekend I'm going to strip it down and check out some of the above advise so far..
It's really annoying though that the steering is so bad in one direction, I can't remember for sure but I'm sure it never did it when it was stock..!! 🤔

You need to do a full front end tear down. Sucks, but I cannot think of anything else it would be.
@Diem Turner .. No apologies needed 😍 grateful for any help tbh 👍🏼
I think this weekend I'm going to strip it down and check out some of the above advise so far..
It's really annoying though that the steering is so bad in one direction, I can't remember for sure but I'm sure it never did it when it was stock..!! 🤔

Get some beers, put on some music and get busy !! Lol.

Please update this thread when you figure it out. I think it would be helpful for the board.

So, my Outcast has less steering left vs the right, the turning circle is huge whilst turning left..!!

Although when on the bench my wheels turn equal distance left and right, all the endpoints are set and it's all centered correctly, recently fitted the Vitavon servo saver hoping to cure my issue 🤪 yet the car still has more steering turning right, it has an upgraded 70kg servo fitted too.
This is a RTR version with the M2C steering upgrade amongst other upgrades...

Has anyone had this happen and if so, how did you fix it.??
Send help.!!
Same happened with mine. End points were not even, on one side had a lot more clicks than the other. The servo spring is tighter in one direction vs. the other, that would give you the uneven turning radius on the ground. Plus, there is always plastic bell crank play/slop.

Same happened with mine. End points were not even, on one side had a lot more clicks than the other. The servo spring is tighter in one direction vs. the other, that would give you the uneven turning radius on the ground. Plus, there is always plastic bell crank play/slop.
I did wonder if the servo spring could be the issue, my bell crank is the M2C version and it had more slop than the stock unit until I added shims then it was fine :unsure: so my steering is still a mystery.

I did wonder if the servo spring could be the issue, my bell crank is the M2C version and it had more slop than the stock unit until I added shims then it was fine :unsure: so my steering is still a mystery.
Well I guess your just going to have to buy this and be the guinea pig for the board !!!

Lol !! I’m just waiting for a person to tell me this is awesome so I can get in trouble with my wife !! Seriously though, the Kraton and outcast 8s steering is stupid. I hate it.

A895DEE9-FD78-46E1-8F5D-180307D3360E.png

Did you ever figure out the issue. Took my outcast for a quick test drive and turns very easily to right but not the left. Disconnected the left shock and turns perfect on the bench. I made sure to center the servo as well. Must be binding somewhere.

Did you ever figure out the issue. Took my outcast for a quick test drive and turns very easily to right but not the left. Disconnected the left shock and turns perfect on the bench. I made sure to center the servo as well. Must be binding somewhere.
you've checked the pillow ball thingies? made sure they aren't too tight?

you've checked the pillow ball thingies? made sure they aren't too tight?
Yes I did. All are good. Turned off AVC and still steering is limited to the left. Nothing is binding either. Not sure what’s going on.

Yes it does. I took it apart of couple of times and still has trouble turning left to the same ability as turning right.
Turnbuckles even? man this is weird lol. You sure you got servo centered correctly?

Check pillow balls. I cross threaded one on the left side and it locked the steering up completely. The slightest turn too tight and it will lock the servo up. Like a couple mm’s will lock it up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back