Typhon Steering rack bushings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Outcast 6s
  4. Senton 6s
  5. Talion
  6. Typhon 6s
  7. Vorteks
How do I get these out? When I turn the screw on the bottom of the chassis, they just spin and don't loosen up. Trying to replace all of the bearings in my Typhon.

Attachments

• 20180628_183221.jpg
    20180628_183221.jpg
    255.6 KB · Views: 119
How do I get these out? When I turn the screw on the bottom of the chassis, they just spin and don't loosen up. Trying to replace all of the bearings in my Typhon.
One of the ends of the silver "cross" wrench that's included with the vehicle fits the nut on top to keep it from spinning.

Nothing on here fits that nut.

Attachments

• 20180628_193204.jpg
    20180628_193204.jpg
    244.5 KB · Views: 55
My fault, I meant on top of the servo saver, the little gold bushings.

Sorry about that. I remember dealing with that when I disassembled my Senton. If I remember right I believe I had to pull everything off of the posts that screw to the chassis and then I heated it up and used a vise grip on the posts while I was unscrewing the screw. It was kind of a pain actually. I am assuming what is turning is the piece inside of the bushing which I believe is the post.

Yep, that's it. I had to pull it off. Going to heat up the screws on the bottom to break up the thread lock. I'm glad I did the front of the buggy first. This part is a real pain.

I fully dissassembled my Senton for a good cleaning, shim the diffs, replace diff oils and all the bearings and these posts were the only thing that I was swearing at and had issues with. Well, originally I stripped a screw going into the motor mount and had to drill it out and get a new motor mount, so I guess two things but the motor mount was awhile ago. Let me know how removing these posts goes for you.

I fully dissassembled my Senton for a good cleaning, shim the diffs, replace diff oils and all the bearings and these posts were the only thing that I was swearing at and had issues with. Well, originally I stripped a screw going into the motor mount and had to drill it out and get a new motor mount, so I guess two things but the motor mount was awhile ago. Let me know how removing these posts goes for you.

Found out I didnt even have to remove the posts that the bushings were on to put the new ones on once I got that steering assembly off. I did get one post off by heating it up with a mini blowtorch. The other one I didnt bother with, just put some dishwashing liquid on it and slid the bearing over it.

Hi Guys , was reading your thread just now and thought I would put this out there aswell, I changed the same brass bushings for 4 bearings which were not expensive and easily sourced from ACER Racing they now do ALL the sizes for RC Market they have 2 different sets for the Typhon and the Arrma Lineup one of the sets is made off Tungsten and the other being Ceramic, All avail from a drop down menu on the Acer Home Page. The steering is now a lot quicker when turning in and also buttery smooth. Well worth the money and also free worldwide postage. Cheers

So excuse my newbie ignorance here, I'm struggling to figure exactly what I need to do to swap over the bushings for bearings. I've got the front bulkhead off the chassis with the posts still attached to the red top plate and the hex screw just spins. Do I need to dismantle any more bits, as I'm scratching my head what to try next??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back