Kraton Steering Rack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dms70

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hey everyone. I just did a search on this and read what came up. However I’m wondering if my issue has been experienced by others, or if I’ve got something going on. My v3 Kraton during a run with a buddy, lost steering. It had taken a light front end hit, so I did expect some damage. Upon inspection I found I had lost a steering rack bolt, bushing and washer. Also the stock rack was bent. I had already purchased a Voltage Hobbies rack, which when compared to the stock one was an obvious improvement. But I had held off on install because I knew I would be tearing into it soon enough. So I went to my lhs and picked up the hardware kit. Made the repair now with the VH rack, and thought I’m good to go. A couple runs later, it happened again. This time there was no hit to the front end, but simply lost the bolt, bushing etc. after about 10 minutes of ripping around. I had at home a leftover bolt and bushing, and made the repair again. Although it’s a nyloc nut captured in the stock plastic steering assembly, this time I added some blue loctite. One thing I noticed after the first repair was you can’t tighten that shoulder bolt down to much, as it causes steering bind. So I’ve tried to go as tight as I can before it binds. Has anyone else experienced this issue? My buddy has the same Kraton, although I’ve run mine a bit more, but he hasn’t had this issue. Do I need to carry the parts and tools to do this repair with me? I hope not, lol.

ive bent rack mounts but never had any other issues...you need to check all your screws before you bash every time or you can end up losing one and causing more damage..

I have bent my rack once before and this time I tried to take out the corner of neighbor house. And broke the second arm in a week and when I started treating arm down noticed I broke the same bolt. I went back to try and find parts because there is two washers one on each side of bushing but know I'm going to LHS and see about bearings and a bolt

I've had the loose nut issue. Like you said....tighten to it binds and then back off a hair. Just keep an eye on them. That's what I do.

It's one of those screws that you just have to check periodically or they'll back out all the way and be gone.

I have bent my rack once before and this time I tried to take out the corner of neighbor house. And broke the second arm in a week and when I started treating arm down noticed I broke the same bolt. I went back to try and find parts because there is two washers one on each side of bushing but know I'm going to LHS and see about bearings and a bolt
Not sure if this is what you meant, but I think there is only one washer per side. The Arrma hardware kit comes with 2 bolts
2 bushings
2 washers
Unless I’m missing something.

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I think there is only one washer per side. The Arrma hardware kit comes with 2 bolts
2 bushings
2 washers
Unless I’m missing something.
Yes, one set to each side but there is, I am sorry i told you wrong it is a shouldered bushing bolt and washer to each side

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back