Kraton Steering Server Mount Replacement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerljj1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi forum. Does anyone have a video or pics on how to replace stock steering server mount? Researched the web and YouTube but none have step-by-step instructions.

Thank you!

Hi forum. Does anyone have a video or pics on how to replace stock steering server mount? Researched the web and YouTube but none have step-by-step instructions.

Thank you!

You take four bolts out of the bottom that hold the stock mount to the chassis. Take the servo horn off. Remove the four bolts holding the servo to the stock mount. Repeat backwards for new mount.

Tiger, I have to apologize because I was wrong. You more than likely will have to completely unplug the servo from the receiver, as there is no other way to get the servo through the mount. I found this out last night when replacing the mount. See the pic.
20170630_155422.jpg

You will also need to remove the ESC tray/mount as the stock servo wires are routed under there.

Be very watchful how you route the new wires. Don't mean to point out the obvious but I was real careful with wires when I installed the Voltage Hobbies mount but weeks later I put all new bearings and shimmed the diffs and I remember slamming it all back together because it was memorial weekend and relatives had their cars ready and waiting on me. Didn't have any problems right away then last week I landed a jump and lost steering. As I got closer she was rolling smoke. Scared the hell out of me I thought it was a lipo. I found one pinched servo wire.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back