Typhon Steering / Servo centering issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blame the gf love it 😂 I do that…my wife can’t drive great either.
LOL in her defense it was dark outside and I was on a typhon TLR while she was on the 3s. Apparently she got very confused because while her car was in the process of smashing into the curb she's asking me why I'm driving my car into the curb. It was pretty funny even though I was low key mad as hell because I know i'm the one who will have to fix it and I have no idea what I'm doing LOL

I've since ordered led light kits from polo creations RC, sadly their processing time is horrible.

I've known girlsfriends that can drive cars really well. I could feel safe falling asleep as a passenger. My wife keeps hitting the same fence when she parks here in our driveway. Her car looks like hell all around. Fence also. Swears she is a great driver. I don't drive with her. For many years now. I would get panic attacks. Seriously. Asked her to please get help regarding this.
When in my car she is a back seat driver trying to educate me on every turn I make. Critiqing me all the time. Won't shut up. Screams at me. I can't focus. No more. We don't drive together. Not even one block. Not lying. And I was an officer for 23 years. I think I understand Vehicle Traffic Law pretty well.
I have more than a million driving miles under my belt. She maybe has 15k miles under her belt with her own car since I met her 28 years ago.
She don't get it. Once I was driving with my wife, her girlfriend and my then 1 yo son at the time. And her friend told her to shut the !@# up. Or we will get killed in an accident. As I was driving. I never had to say 3 words. Her friend told me on the side that she needs meds or something . That she is a very dangerous back seat driver. Can't make this up. Once I pulled over near our house driving local. I asked her to get out because I cant be driving with screaming, shrilling my ears. She wouldn't. I turned around and went back home parked and got out . She took a bus.

I was once driving by myself. And got caught in some local slow traffic. It turned out to be my wife driving with our son and driving slow in the left lane.
I'm afraid for my son in her car honestly.:rolleyes:
Sorry for the rant.
I digress.

Last edited:
I've known girlsfriends that can drive cars really well. I could feel safe falling asleep as a passenger. My wife keeps hitting the same fence when she parks here in our driveway. Her car looks like hell all around. Fence also. Swears she is a great driver. I don't drive with her. For many years now. I would get panic attacks. Seriously. Asked her to please get help regarding this.
When in my car she is a back seat driver trying to educate me on every turn I make. Critiqing me all the time. Won't shut up. Screams at me. I can't focus. No more. We don't drive together. Not even one block. Not lying. And I was an officer for 23 years. I think I understand Vehicle Traffic Law pretty well.
I have more than a million driving miles under my belt. She maybe has 15k miles under her belt with her own car since I met her 28 years ago.
She don't get it. Once I was driving with my wife, her girlfriend and my then 1 yo son at the time. And her friend told her to shut the !@# up. Or we will get killed in an accident. As I was driving. I never had to say 3 words. Her friend told me on the side that she needs meds or something . That she is a very dangerous back seat driver. Can't make this up. Once I pulled over near our house driving local. I asked her to get out because I cant be driving with screaming, shrilling my ears. She wouldn't. I turned around and went back home parked and got out . She took a bus.

I was once driving by myself. And got caught in some local slow traffic. It turned out to be my wife driving with our son and driving slow in the left lane.
Sorry for the rant.
I digress.
Wow! My wife isn't the best driver either, but she isn't as bad as your wife. Although she has wrecked every single car she has owned at least once.

Sorry for the rant.
I digress.
Dang dude…She sounds like a fun one at parties. Sorry to hear this. My life used to be like that, for 25 years. After the 15 year mark I figured why bother trying to change things, it was just the way my life was. I was raised by parents that are still together, over 50 years now. I didn’t believe in divorce. But after relocating the texas and spending five years starting over from scratch only to have her pull the same poop she had been for years in California…I realized it was an issue of survival for me to get away, so I did.

Started to divorce her in 2016 and then my neck went out. After surgery and partial recovery I started it up again. Did it myself and it took me 11 months, finalized in December 2018. But it was easy because we didn’t have much left by then and our son was grown. My first post divorce relationship was with a girl 20 years younger than me and that was fiddlesticking stressful. Then I took a year by myself just thinking about what the hell am I doing wrong? It couldn’t all be just ‘her’. I had to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong to make sure I didn’t end up in the same situation again.

I love my wife of the last year now. She went through similar, probably worse hell than I did with her marriage. We both learned from all of our and the others mistakes. It’s been really nice being with someone kind, reasonable and that has a lot of common sense. So hang in there man, I feel what you’re going through.

My new wife can drive a regular car extremely well. When we used to go up to Washington State to visit her daughter every month (Before we got full custody) she would always drive in the rain and cold icy weather. I felt safe. But RC cars? One of the first things she did last year was drive her new voltage over a hill and into the lake 🤣 We had ‘that talk’ about releasing the trigger when she can no longer see the car and haven’t had any issues since.

Sorry for the rant. Didn't mean to hijack this thread.:(
I only mentioned driving a real car, because when I met her dating and all, she wanted to race at the RC track with me and I built her a 10T. She wanted her own RC Truggy. I thought that was pretty cool of her. A girlfriend that wanted to hang at the track and race sounded pretty cool. (y)But she couldn't drive RC to save her life.(n) I know many friends that just cant drive RC cars. They get all confused, reaction time and all Steering the opposite wrong direction all the time. It's what kept them from buying an RC. Even though I personally teached them with my rig and Radio etc. One on one lessons etc.:rolleyes:
And some people also cant drive real cars. No matter how much experience and training they have. Driver License's are handed out like candy on Halloween in this day and age. And they are very scary to me.:LOL:

^^^ it all depends how much ESC BEC volts, what setting you use, that will determine the torque it will give.
S652 is a weakish servo. But we all bash differently and expect different results. What works for you is all that matters. and you maintain your stuff well.
Yes, ST Endpoint settings is crucial and probably accounts for most servo breakage, no matter the brand.(y)
I still have the ADS-15 stocker servo in the V1 Infr.. Wrecked it many times. Yet this OE servo still works. AVC and all. But that is just a Fluke. Flukes happen.
Even have a DS3235 spare on the side, waiting for this ADS-15 to brick. My son beats the crap out of it. Go figure. I would never replace with OE again, or any Expensive one either. Been there. They break like the rest anyway. Been the Futaba, Savox, Hitec route before. Waste of $$ for bashing.
Just me.
Ran the Infr yesterday with my Lim, Son and I.. The ADS-15 crapped out!! Finally Got real hot. Dead. Smelled burned even though it is supposedly WP and sealed.:LOL: He was speed running rather well also. I think AVC really taxed it too hard finally. But it had so much mileage for a stocker servo.
I spoke too soon, I guess. Jinxed myself.:ROFLMAO:
Dropped in my spare DS3235 this morning. (y)
Need to order another. I need to have a spare on hand.

Dang dude…She sounds like a fun one at parties. Sorry to hear this. My life used to be like that, for 25 years. After the 15 year mark I figured why bother trying to change things, it was just the way my life was. I was raised by parents that are still together, over 50 years now. I didn’t believe in divorce. But after relocating the texas and spending five years starting over from scratch only to have her pull the same poop she had been for years in California…I realized it was an issue of survival for me to get away, so I did.

Started to divorce her in 2016 and then my neck went out. After surgery and partial recovery I started it up again. Did it myself and it took me 11 months, finalized in December 2018. But it was easy because we didn’t have much left by then and our son was grown. My first post divorce relationship was with a girl 20 years younger than me and that was fiddlesticking stressful. Then I took a year by myself just thinking about what the hell am I doing wrong? It couldn’t all be just ‘her’. I had to figure out what the hell I was doing wrong to make sure I didn’t end up in the same situation again.

I love my wife of the last year now. She went through similar, probably worse hell than I did with her marriage. We both learned from all of our and the others mistakes. It’s been really nice being with someone kind, reasonable and that has a lot of common sense. So hang in there man, I feel what you’re going through.

My new wife can drive a regular car extremely well. When we used to go up to Washington State to visit her daughter every month (Before we got full custody) she would always drive in the rain and cold icy weather. I felt safe. But RC cars? One of the first things she did last year was drive her new voltage over a hill and into the lake 🤣 We had ‘that talk’ about releasing the trigger when she can no longer see the car and haven’t had any issues since.
Hopefuly I will end up like you. Happy.:)
I cant even imagne what its like to live in harmony. I just don't know what it is like.
I know many friends that are married and happy.

Is it smooth without being hooked up to the servo/saver?
Yes, the steering just doesn't feel as snappy as it should, I even got new bellcrank/servo/25t arrma servo saver. I even changed the tx/rx which seemed to help a bit with the centering problem but it still doesn't feel like it should. Driving my 6s typhon feels 5x better than the 3s just because of the steering and they have the same exact servo which should be overkill for the 3s. I'm starting to wonder if the esc could be causing a problem or something. I feel like I've tried everything I could find after spending hours googling and searching this forum. I legit hate this buggy and I wish I could get 200$ for it and never see it again at this point. I really wish I could figure it out though lol.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe my shocks are causing problems. I'm super noob so I'm not 100% sure how much shock stiffness effects steering but I did change from stock shocks to some that felt a lot softer. Could that be causing the iffy steering? I did add a bunch of preload to the front shocks but I haven't tried it yet since I did so I'm hoping maybe thats what it is.

Last edited:
So just a quick read. I'll check it better tom when I'm in more of a thinking state 😆. But just a thought. Wonder if your TX is loose or something in the wheel. The springs maybe??

Like I said I'll be thinking better in a few hours 👍

Yes, the steering just doesn't feel as snappy as it should, I even got new bellcrank/servo/25t arrma servo saver. I even changed the tx/rx which seemed to help a bit with the centering problem but it still doesn't feel like it should. Driving my 6s typhon feels 5x better than the 3s just because of the steering and they have the same exact servo which should be overkill for the 3s. I'm starting to wonder if the esc could be causing a problem or something. I feel like I've tried everything I could find after spending hours googling and searching this forum. I legit hate this buggy and I wish I could get 200$ for it and never see it again at this point. I really wish I could figure it out though lol.

The only other thing I can think of is maybe my shocks are causing problems. I'm super noob so I'm not 100% sure how much shock stiffness effects steering but I did change from stock shocks to some that felt a lot softer. Could that be causing the iffy steering? I did add a bunch of preload to the front shocks but I haven't tried it yet since I did so I'm hoping maybe thats what it is.
What servo are you using? And if you think the ESC is the problem, what ESC do you have? Is it the stock BLX100/ Firma 100?

What servo are you using? And if you think the ESC is the problem, what ESC do you have? Is it the stock BLX100/ Firma 100?
Yes stock electronics except the servo which is the popular budget one from amazon DS3235. I did have 2 of the stock fans hooked up but I removed one during troubleshooting thinking it was the bec.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back