Steering Servo (Granite 4x4 Mega)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BlueLineCustom

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
Please help!!!!!
I’ve done 3 drives (80%,70%,40% of battery used each run) the steerin servo is locking left. Almost as if something is telling it to keep going left. I assumed the splines were stripping but there seems to be no damage. It seems like a pretty cheap servo saver. v

Last edited:
Please help!!!!!
I’ve done 3 drives (80%,70%,40% of battery used each run) the steerin servo is locking left. Almost as if something is telling it to keep going left. I assumed the splines were stripping but there seems to be no damage. It seems like a pretty cheap servo saver. v
Disconnect the arm that connects the servo saver to the bellcrank and check to see if anything is binding in the steering. Also check the servo travel with it disconnected.

Disconnect the arm that connects the servo saver to the bellcrank and check to see if anything is binding in the steering. Also check the servo travel with it disconnected.
I’m very much RC illiterate. I took apart the servo and suspension I can’t see any ground teeth or binding anywhere readjusting the “endpoints”, to which it appears this model is only by the steering rate, seems to help but now it seems as though the servo is sticking on.

when everything is disconnected and off the frame it moves fine, even with finger tension. But when it’s backon it’s back to grinding and getting stuck turning left.

Can you take a pic of the Servo saver? That is the widget mounted to the servo. Arrma has used two different SS, and one of them sucks. If you have the bad one, swap to a Kimbrough SS.
Also, the SS can drag on the chassis in these trucks. When you have the electrical module out, check for scratches or scuffs on the chassis. If you see them, add a washer under the module mounting screws to raise it up a hair.

Can you take a pic of the Servo saver? That is the widget mounted to the servo. Arrma has used two different SS, and one of them sucks. If you have the bad one, swap to a Kimbrough SS.
Also, the SS can drag on the chassis in these trucks. When you have the electrical module out, check for scratches or scuffs on the chassis. If you see them, add a washer under the module mounting screws to raise it up a hair.

it is the cheap red arrma SS. It looked like it was hitting the chassis a bit then I adjusted endpoints to be about1/16 off and still does the sticking and making the grind sound. Would a servo get stuck on?

im working 45min away from my unit or I would take a SS picture.

So I think I figured it out. Now bare with, I am new but I don’t think the gears are supposed to be in so many pieces....

I didn’t even notice the first time I took it apart. Going go get a new one tomorrow (if they have them) I’m assuming I should upgrade to the metal gear ones?

Attachments

• 3506D6DD-77EC-4FFF-9F4A-5D0F25C09397.jpeg
    3506D6DD-77EC-4FFF-9F4A-5D0F25C09397.jpeg
    249.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 56B0CE5F-0F5A-4677-B55E-A6BB7FDF4A2C.jpeg
    56B0CE5F-0F5A-4677-B55E-A6BB7FDF4A2C.jpeg
    337.8 KB · Views: 55
  • 59E7FC87-2E07-43E8-8005-8E3E22645155.jpeg
    59E7FC87-2E07-43E8-8005-8E3E22645155.jpeg
    512.1 KB · Views: 59
  • F52A0E57-7D0B-4B7E-9F9C-E1F01E7AC323.jpeg
    F52A0E57-7D0B-4B7E-9F9C-E1F01E7AC323.jpeg
    472.7 KB · Views: 57
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back