Senton Steering servo playing weird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris06

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
Hi everyone,

Today I went out for the fourth time with my new Arrma Senton v3 BLX and within 10min on the grass racing with our son my car steering stopped working.
First, I thought something got stuck but it was clean :)
I lifted up the car and tried the steering and it was all "jittery". Basically, I can turn on one direction but then it stutttered back to the center and in the other direction it goes the same as the return of the other side :(
I looked around on the internet to see if someone else encounter the same issue and I found this:

Which is the exact same problem, I'm having with my new Arrma Senton:cry:.
I only bought the car about 1month ago and I was wondering if anyone here had a similar experience with their servo and how they got it fixed:unsure:.

Hoping I don't have to buy a new one already...

Thanks

I've opened the servo and it seems it's the IC on the PCB that is defective.
The motor gets different voltage hence the weird movement it does.
The motor and gears are in good working condition (checked independently)...
It's my first RC car with a servo that does that :(

Anyway, I've finally decided to order a Power HD LW-25MG since I should have it before next week-end to try it out.

Thanks,

These are the beginning symptoms of servo death for the SPMS651's. I have had the same thing happen to my Typhon 3S. HH has sent me a new one and now the new one is jittering too after only 3 full battery runs. If they send me the 3rd it will go on a shelf. Did I mention that my Typhon is less than a month old?

-C

Last edited:
HH is sending me another SPMS651 servo. They are saying that I need to adjust the ST Rate on the controller. I have the S/R knob set to the factory default which appears to be all the way to the right according to the manual unless my eyes are not working properly. I'll try dialing the knob back when it arrives and post my results.

-C

Yes, you need to set the end points or the dual rate. Else you will be overextending how far the servo is physically able to go.

Would be nice if the manual mentioned that...

1605042057854.png

It's a personal quest for me to smash people over the head with certain things every year. Used to be "Arrmas need sealed bearings". Then I moved onto "set your slipper clutch". Right now it's "set your end points". I think I've made about 20 videos mentioning this... ?

When I see other people say the same thing, then it's mission accomplished.

the other (harder) half is landing it on the tires!

I’ve got the same problem. Exact same symptoms and same progressive failure.

disappointing.

the stock servo saver will not work?

Finally made a video about it. This is for the SLT3 radio, which come with the V3 3S cars and the V5 6S cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back