Mojave Steering servo set points?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrentJr

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
Just recently purchased a Mojave about a month ago and the steering servo locked up after running the car 3 times. Horizon will not replace the whole servo but they sent new gears to rebuild it. I noticed the servo clicks at full right or left turn and moves around a considerable amount. The old one did this also, does the mojave have a way to adjust the set points like some of the other arrma cars? I cant find any info anywhere if so. It doesn't have the gear on the bottom for the servo saver like some of the other models do or the arrows on the controller to change the set points. I had a brand new hexfly 25kg servo I just installed to try it and its doing the same thing so problem isn't the servo itself but in the adjustment. Any suggestions or info are greatly appreciated.

What radio? You have to set them through the transmitter..
All arrmas I've seen come out of the box with over travel.. most likely why so many have issues with the factory servos

Turn the steering dual rate knob down.. that will allow end point adjustment..

That helped a lot but still has some clicking but the servo moving around is better just barely moving now instead of all over the place

That helped a lot but still has some clicking but the servo moving around is better just barely moving now instead of all over the place

I think it's a good idea to replace the servo mount on the 6s rigs. I haven't replaced mine on the Mojave yet and haven't looked to see if the common ones fit but I imagine they would. When I do replace my servo I'll also replace the mount at the same time. It'll keep it tight (not moving around) under the torque that the 6s servos require.
I've also switched radios though and adjusted endpoints when I set it up as a standard process for me.
Good luck and hope you have it to where you need it now with the Hexfly. The Mojave is huge fun, fast and a ton of laughs even right out of the box.

I think it's a good idea to replace the servo mount on the 6s rigs. I haven't replaced mine on the Mojave yet and haven't looked to see if the common ones fit but I imagine they would. When I do replace my servo I'll also replace the mount at the same time. It'll keep it tight (not moving around) under the torque that the 6s servos require.
I've also switched radios though and adjusted endpoints when I set it up as a standard process for me.
Good luck and hope you have it to where you need it now with the Hexfly. The Mojave is huge fun, fast and a ton of laughs even right out of the box.

Doing the same thing with the hexfly. At first I thought I left out something when rebuilt the stock one but installed the hexfly and doing same exact thing.
I have a old traxxas controller thinking of trying it tomorrow see what happens

Last edited:

The case was ok where the pins sit? The gears have to be yielding over to let it skip teeth.. the dual rate should be turned down all the way, hold full right or full left, then start adding more dual rate just until the steering travel stops.. anything more and your straining the servo and mount...

But I do agree you should invest in a better radio... even the flysky gt3b is a huge improvement over the stocker...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back