Kraton Steering Servo - Slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve6S

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Hey guys

Picked this up to replace the stock servo that failed, Link, but it seems very slow. Also added the HR adjustable servo saver.

The sterling rate adjustment on the controller is maxed out. But still seems to turn slowly.

There isn’t any binding/interference.

Any ideas?

Yup, that is the correct link - sorry about that
Servo saver is tight, no flex there when steering.

What voltage do you have the BEC set to?
I have not changed it from stock - kinda new to this.. :)
Stock seems to be 7.4v

1670818931083.png

Last edited:
Test to see if the steering system moves freely with the servo disconnected. Easiest way to do this is to disconnect the servo arm from the bell crank.

Just installed a new same servo on my FT. It is fast and strong . Wheels Turn fine on shag carpet while rig is still also. Have not driven the rig yet.
What servo arm did you use. If you use an arm that is tool long you change the sweep speed. 20mm between the spline and the link hole is what you need for quick snappy steering. Too long slows the steering down. This servo runs best and gives you the max 35kg on 7.4v. Best to check your BEC volts to confirm this.
You might need to shim the Servo saver spring with a few Circlips. Many need to do this. Look at the SS to see if it is releasing/disengaging when you operate the servo.
FWIW , I always remove the O ring on the top Servo BB. Need to open it up to do this. Pop out the BB from the top cover and remove the O ring. Replace the BB back inside. I find it can slow down and bind the BB and servo output speed.

Last edited:
A Defect Sure is possible. I have like 9 of these in all my 6s rigs and Crawlers. I did get one that was DOA. But AMZ is great about it. Just returned it and got another. Of all the ones I have, none have failed me yet. And if they do , cheap enough to replace. Some DS3235's are 3+ years sold. And I beat them to crap. I've Crawled through streams and Blizzards with them too. Seriously.
Make sure you are switched to 7.4v BEC.
Which exact 25 spline servo arm/horn are you running?
What ever you do, don't use a screw that is Too long into the Output shaft of the servo. This will also cause what you are experiencing!!!!!!!! And can ruin the Potentiometer directly below it. Double check it.

Last edited:
A Defect Sure is possible. I have like 9 of these in all my 6s rigs and Crawlers. I did get one that was DOA. But AMZ is great about it. Just returned it and got another. Of all the ones I have, none have failed me yet. And if they do , cheap enough to replace. Some DS3235's are 3+ years sold. And I beat them to crap. I've Crawled through streams and Blizzards with them too. Seriously.
Make sure you are switched to 7.4v BEC.
Which exact 25 spline servo arm/horn are you running?
What ever you do, don't use a screw that is Too long into the Output shaft of the servo. It will also cause what you are experiencing!!!!!!!! And can ruin the Potentiometer directly below it.
Will check BEC voltage
Using this Hot Racing AON48SH25 Aluminum... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KIN281C?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share with o rings removed. All moves freely
Used the screw provided with the servo

🤷‍♂️

Only way to find out if it is in fact the servo is to either test it using a servo tester or buy another servo. Something like this OGRC RC Digital Servo Tester/ESC Consistency Tester for RC Helicopter Airplane Car(Servo Tester,ESC Consistency Tester,RC Helicopter Tester Tool) https://a.co/d/1NKVLzf
I'm not sure if that’s a good tester or not it was the first one I found on Amazon.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back