Granite Steering servo super slow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lynnwilliam

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
I have an Arrma Granite Mega.
It's got the stock ADS5 servo, which always worked fine out of the box, using the standard receivers.
Steered fine with lots of power.

Now I have put in a new receiver and transmitter.
Receiver is the Spektrum SR6100AT
Transmitter is the Spectrum DX5C.
I did the bind process a ton of times, throttle works fine etc.

Now the servo does work and turns full left and full right, when I have the Car up off the ground.
But there is not enough power to turn the wheels when the car is on the ground.

The Steering rate is at 100% etc etc on the transmitter.

Do the wheels turn once you start driving? What kind of ground are you on? Rough terrain can make it harder for wheels to turn when standing still, especially with a weaker servo. Finally, are all your screws, washers, connections done correctly? Anything stuck? Did you change anything else?

Do the wheels turn once you start driving? What kind of ground are you on? Rough terrain can make it harder for wheels to turn when standing still, especially with a weaker servo. Finally, are all your screws, washers, connections done correctly? Anything stuck? Did you change anything else?
I checked all connections, they look fine. I only changed the receiver and transmitter.
When the granite is driving, the servo can't change direction at all.
When I have the car in the air. It takes 3 seconds for the servo to move from neural to left or right.
It's incredibly slow and has no power.

I checked all connections, they look fine. I only changed the receiver and transmitter.
When the granite is driving, the servo can't change direction at all.
When I have the car in the air. It takes 3 seconds for the servo to move from neural to left or right.
It's incredibly slow and has no power.
I actually just did some servo work. The screws that hold the servo horn may be too tight. Make sure they allow completely free movement. The servo horn is what connect the servo saver to the rest of the steering.

When using the SR6100AT receiver you are supposed to be using a digital servo (stock is analog) page 3 of the manual https://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/SPMSR6100AT-Manual-EN.pdf disable AVC and it might work.

NOTICE: Digital servos are required with the SR6100AT AVC receiver. Using analog servos with AVC technology will reduce the performance of the system and may cause the servos to overheat.

Thanks so much! Now I know why .
I'll probably end up buying a new digital servo.

Using a Mega esc it doesn't have a strong BEC which is what the servo will run off of. I would avoid a Savox servo as they can be power hungry. I wouldn't spend a whole lot on a servo with the stock Mega esc either because the esc might not handle the power draw and you could end up having to upgrade to an esc with a better BEC or get an external BEC. A DS3218 (it's digital) servo would be a good inexpensive choice and should work with the stock Mega esc and Spektrum AVC receiver.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back