Steering servo turnes quicker/stronger to the right than to the left...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fazoner

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Hello!

I have driven the car with max steering trim a couple of times, thought that was a great idea until it found the video on how to configure the trim correctly. Now I have discovered that the steering servo (Savox SW-1210SG) is turnes the wheels quicker/further to the right than to the left. Turning left seems to be much weaker and the diameter of the turn is larger than to the right. I bought the car used so I do not know if its correctly installed.

Turning left works much bettern when I turn the steering trim up, on the transmitter, but then when I turn the wheels to the right, they stop turning before the stearing controller does. So that is not good either...

Is the servo broken or what should I do?

If you bought the truck used I would start going through all the steering components to make sure everything is moving freely and it's lubricated and all the bolts and nuts are tight. Can you post a photo of your servo so we can see the steering horn and linkage?

Added a few pics. not sure if you can see if anything is wrong here.

Attachments

• center.jpg
    center.jpg
    289.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Left.jpg
    Left.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 179
  • no_cover_plate.jpg
    no_cover_plate.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 177
Your servo might be in backwards. Check your manual. I put mine in wrong and just changed it cause it wasn't steering well. Haven't tried it since I swapped it around. I'm pretty sure you want the linkage from your steering horn to be at a 90 degree angle. I put a photo of mine. I had it in the other way and the arm coming off the horn was at an angle. Also, unhook the linkage from the steering horn, but leave the horn on the servo, and see how far it turns in each direction. I see in your photos it's not turning as far one way as the other.

Attachments

• 15228424269657103577976893333969.jpg
    15228424269657103577976893333969.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 168
Thanks, think you are right and when you mentioned it, it does not look normal!

The manual shows the servo turned the other way. It might be so that this servo does not fit the proper way since it isn't a stock servo and the previous owner had to put it in this way. Hopefully I'll give you an update later tonight.

It looks like the nut might be loose where the steering linkage hooks to your servo saver. If it's loose that would cause a lot of play and lack of steering.

It looks like the nut might be loose where the steering linkage hooks to your servo saver. If it's loose that would cause a lot of play and lack of steering.

Thanks, fixed that to.

I have turned the servo and I also had to shorten the rod between the server saver and the servo. When i centering the steering it was of by a 3-4 millimeters. Hope this solves the problem.

Glad I could help. Hopefully you're able to get the steering proper. Or atleast better than it was.

It got better but the servo is definetly weaker one way more than the other. When the car is standing still and I turn the wheels center-left/center-right, center-right works as expected while center-left strugels and do not turn the entire way. Lifting the front up, no resistance, makes the turningspeed about equal. The issue is also less obvious while driving, so turning servo helped.

Can a servo wear more or get burned in one direction?

Help!! Installed 1210sg in my outcast w/ hr bell crank, w/ voltage servo mount and it seems the servo cant even move the tires while on it's own weight. I have motor fans a glitch buster plugged in . Do I need a bec ? I bought a cc bec will that fix my problem ?

Attachments

• 20180911_204349.jpg
    20180911_204349.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 20180911_204334.jpg
    20180911_204334.jpg
    202.2 KB · Views: 62
  • 20180911_204054.jpg
    20180911_204054.jpg
    362.8 KB · Views: 83
  • 20180911_204122.jpg
    20180911_204122.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 79
  • 20180911_204220.jpg
    20180911_204220.jpg
    361.9 KB · Views: 79
Help!! Installed 1210sg in my outcast w/ hr bell crank, w/ voltage servo mount and it seems the servo cant even move the tires while on it's own weight. I have motor fans a glitch buster plugged in . Do I need a bec ? I bought a cc bec will that fix my problem ?

That servo should be fine.
Did you,
Check for binding in the steering with the servo disconnected ?
Center trim adjustment on transmitter, center car wheels and turn on transmitter & ESC to center servo before installing horn ?
Turn steering dual rate adjustment on transmitter fully clockwise & reset steering end points ?
Is the servo saver adjusted tight enough that it is not opening up when turning while sitting still (with the wheels on the ground/bench) ?
It looks (in the photo) like the linkage could be in the next hole in on the horn. But camera angles can be deceiving. If I had a choice between a fuzz short vs a fuzz long on the horn, I would choose the fuzz short.

That servo should be fine.
Did you,
Check for binding in the steering with the servo disconnected ?
Center trim adjustment on transmitter, center car wheels and turn on transmitter & ESC to center servo before installing horn ?
Turn steering dual rate adjustment on transmitter fully clockwise & reset steering end points ?
Is the servo saver adjusted tight enough that it is not opening up when turning while sitting still (with the wheels on the ground/bench) ?
It looks (in the photo) like the linkage could be in the next hole in on the horn. But camera angles can be deceiving. If I had a choice between a fuzz short vs a fuzz long on the horn, I would choose the fuzz short.
You are the man!! These are all things I needed to know as I am new to the hobby. I believe you nailed it with centering the trim before installing the horn. Also I believe my servo saver spring adjustment is not tight enough. I read it should be around 2mm above the nut. Thank you for your time and energy to help my needs !!

No problem. We are here to share what we know and our experiences. There are quite a few on here with extensive knowledge and experience with Arrma and R/C in general.
You should start another thread or post in a more active thread next time. This one is a few months old. It would probably get you more and quicker response. The search is pretty good most of the time for finding info also (requires a bit of reading sometimes to get what you are after though) Stickies can be handy too. Not that we mind helping, just letting you know, if you didn't allready. If it keeps giving you greif just holler. Someone will try to help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back