Senton Steering Servo upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plasce209

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
New to RC world. My Servo went out on my newly Senton 4x4 (Brushed). Any recommendations on a cheap and reliable servo upgrade?? Thanks!!!!

@Plasce209 I'd recommend checking out the Savox SW-0231MG. Waterproof and comes with metal gears.

Woodie not to hijack (I bet there are others thinking same) .....I see the 0231 recommended all the time for Senton. So I assume for my Typhon with 2.8 trenchers it is probably enough servo. But would it be strong enough to handle Outcast? Or would spending more on like a 1210 or 1270 be smarter?

But would it be strong enough to handle Outcast? Or would spending more on like a 1210 or 1270 be smarter?
Well in this case @Plasce209 was looking for an inexpensive upgrade and the 0231 is a good fit for that requirement.

If you have a bigger budget then absolutely go with the strong AND faster servo - you'll be happy you did and you'll certainly notice the improvement. The Savox 1270 is more than twice as powerful and nearly twice as fast, but on the flip side doesn't always fit most peoples definition of "cheap". :D

I had the Savox 1270 in my Nero. My Nero was a hungry beast that stripped 7 stock ADS-15m :eek: I gave the 1270 a shot & it ate 3 of them. I sold the last replacement Savox sent me. KillerOffRoadHobbyz on youtube suggested the JX PDI-6221MG. It's $13 on baggood. I dropped it in the Nero & I haven't had to touch it since. You can even get 4 of them for less that $40 if you wish. Now all my rigs sport them if the stock servos fail.

I still have the Savox 1256TG in my Kraton. It's the oldest AM servo I have. It's been going strong for 8 years :eek:

I had the Savox 1270 in my Nero. My Nero was a hungry beast that stripped 7 stock ADS-15m :eek: I gave the 1270 a shot & it ate 3 of them. I sold the last replacement Savox sent me. KillerOffRoadHobbyz on youtube suggested the JX PDI-6221MG. It's $13 on baggood. I dropped it in the Nero & I haven't had to touch it since. You can even get 4 of them for less that $40 if you wish. Now all my rigs sport them if the stock servos fail.

I still have the Savox 1256TG in my Kraton. It's the oldest AM servo I have. It's been going strong for 8 years :eek:

@Megasty Is that banggood servo a direct for with or aluminum arm or different spline?

BlueBird BLS-29A HV-Digital, Super Speed, High Torque, Brushless, Titanium Gears , I just installed this in my Senton 6S V3 with a HR mount and an HR steering link. Bashed on it all day, works great, broke another lower control arm but had a spare and got to play some more at this awesome track near my house.

Woodie not to hijack (I bet there are others thinking same) .....I see the 0231 recommended all the time for Senton. So I assume for my Typhon with 2.8 trenchers it is probably enough servo. But would it be strong enough to handle Outcast? Or would spending more on like a 1210 or 1270 be smarter?

I just put the savox sw-1210 in my outcast with 3.8 trenchers. It has no problems swinging those big wheels. If you went with the 1210 it's water proof and has more then enough tourqe imo
20180217_074308.jpg

Is that JX-PDI-6221MG water proof or at least water resistant?

I'm new to the rc world. I have a new senton. The servo went and arrma sent me a new one. I bought all metal gears for it. how hard is it to replace the gears in it? they also sent me a servo saver howhard are they to put one.

I'm new to the rc world. I have a new senton. The servo went and arrma sent me a new one. I bought all metal gears for it. how hard is it to replace the gears in it? they also sent me a servo saver howhard are they to put one.
Not worth my time if you ask me lol I bought this one JX PDI-6221MG 20KG Large Torque Digital Standard Servo For RC Model https://banggood.app.link/btH6C5m9pL best $13 I’ve spent lol now it’s not the greatest but it definitely a great back up. Works as good or better than the stock and easy fix

Not worth my time if you ask me lol I bought this one JX PDI-6221MG 20KG Large Torque Digital Standard Servo For RC Model https://banggood.app.link/btH6C5m9pL best $13 I’ve spent lol now it’s not the greatest but it definitely a great back up. Works as good or better than the stock and easy fix

Are there any really good ones out there? I still may buy that one so I have a backup

SO i know I'm coming late to this thread, but I'm between a Savox or Hitec for my 6s Kraton. Sounds like the 1210 is a good choice, and not sure on what model in the Hitec. Also gonna do the HR servo plate upgrade too.

But I have another question...... took my son to opening day for an indoor track here and looking to try to run the Kraton on a tighter track. Stock dBoots tires just aren't gonna cut it. Any suggestions for a hard packed/clay indoor track tire wise?

Thanks for you time folks!!

I second the JX PDI-6221MG 20KG. Great servos for $12-15. I just purchased 3x more recently.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back