Steering Servo - What is a GLITCH BUSTER and do I need one?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I have two servos and three fans, I run a 6-volt NiMh to the receiver. I have a couple in case of a long day, but with some servos drawing an amp of power....... well, I learned that math a long time ago.

Fully charged it's 8.4;)
There is a new generation of high-torque and high-speed servos rated to work at 8,4v... and receivers too.
I'm using an amazing chinese servo, plenty of torque and very fast, working at 8,4v as my futaba-clone receiver.

You can even use LiFe packs with a fully charged voltage of 7,2v

Last edited:
There is a new generation of high-torque and high-speed servos reted to work at 8,4v... and receivers too.
I'm using an amazing chinese servo, plenty of torque and very fast, working at 8,4v as my futaba-clone receiver.

Yeah those are great, incredibly fast with mounds of torque now-a-days. If I was still racing nitro, I'd probably have a few of those in my box! I was referring to older models of Savox and JR servos only rated for 6v, I used to run a 2s (fully charged obviously 8.4v) into an external BEC set around the 7v range to give them a bit more oomph.. They didn't like the extra volt (life wise) but I enjoyed the extra speed.(y)

There is a new generation of high-torque and high-speed servos rated to work at 8,4v... and receivers too.

They even have 12v servos. Wires direct to a 12v source. Only the Signal lead plugs into the Rx. (+/- gets Jumpered)
Crawlers do this.

They even have 12v servos. Wires direct to a 12v source. Only the Signal lead plugs into the Rx. (+/- gets Jumpered)
Crawlers do this.
12v servos? Never saw one, amazing!

I'm fine with my chinese servos, plenty of torque and speed.

Cheers!

^^^ I respect that.
I love Futaba servos. Among the best IMHO. Just that I feel they are too expensive for my wallet these days and for bashing my rigs not practical. I don't race anymore. I was a hardcore Futaba "everything" fanboy myself.:)
I just watched a great video of a guy testing 10 servos and futaba was the only one that came close to true lbs of torx.reefs savox all of them were way under par like the reef says it pulls 442 at 8.4 V it actually pulled like 350 lbs instead of stated 442.im only 2 years into hobbie and it blew me away.Just like i don't understand RTR.soon as you get an RTR you have to start upgading servos or like me im a crawler fan so its always have to change shocks ,servos,steering geo.I thought when you bought a RTR they were doing the work for you not really.but im learning.

RTR's are the norm, unlike this Hobby 20+ years ago. Servos in most RTR kits are always budget and under powered. Keeps the price point low. Just the way things are these days. I rarely even use the stocker servo's out the box. There are exceptions. Like smy peed runners for the most part. I let them fail before I replace them. Bashers need some Hard core $servos$ out the gate. Or you are just beating yourself up. Servo specs across brands are just marketting hype for the most part. Mfr's don't test them. They are just loose estimates based on an engineering drawing board IMHO. The motors in most servos are the culprit, and cheap potentiometers add to the mess. From my 35 years RC experience. $Futaba$ has always been the Servo bench mark for the most part going back 30 years. "ProModeler" Servos are up there in my book. (for a standard size servo) Probably the cream of the crop IMHO. Itching to get one of them. I been using AMZ 35kg servos for bashing. I have several spares on hand. They are cheap throwaways at some point. I'll typically get a year + out them. But they also can be hit or miss. Even Name brand Savox has let me down out the box. If you find a an AMZ brand that works for you, it's also a great alternative. FanModel and DS3235 AMZ servos are Good enough for most of my rigs.
Since most servos are loose estimates at best torque wise and over estimated, I always shoot for the highest torque I can find. 1/8 bashers require at least 35 KG IMHO in a perfect world. At least the way I bash. If I can eek out at least 25 legit actual torque out of a supposed 35kg servo, I am good. :cool:
Edit:
I also have 3 Crawlers and they truly toll any servo. (Stalling amps is key here) I use my Crawlers as a test bed for determining my best servos to use across the board.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back