Outcast Steering Servo Whine

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98jdmcivic

Active Military
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Just installed the power hd 23kg servo and it works well with the tires off the ground. However, it whines when actuated with wheels on the ground.

Hoping someone knows what my issue is?

Outcast 6s.
Just installed the power hd 23kg servo and it works well with the tires off the ground. However, it whines when actuated with wheels on the ground.

Outcast 6s.
Could be considered a buzz vs a whine.

It is normal for digital servos to buzz under load I wouldn’t worry about it unless it is struggling and overheating. It is a 23kg it shouldn’t have any problem.

Outcast 6s.

Could be considered a buzz vs a whine.
Some servos are noisy, especially digital ones.

It is normal for digital servos to buzz under load I wouldn’t worry about it unless it is struggling and overheating. It is a 23kg it shouldn’t have any problem.
Thanks, just a little weird to me but this is my first servo upgrade. I'll send it and see how it fairs.
Some servos are noisy, especially digital ones.
Noted, thanks for the information. It is more noisy than I imagined. I'll send it and see what happens.

Thanks, just a little weird to me but this is my first servo upgrade. I'll send it and see how it fairs.

Noted, thanks for the information. It is more noisy than I imagined. I'll send it and see what happens.
That’s the Arrma way!!! Send it, then decide. ?

Noisy potentiometers in digital servos happen. They can buzz and that leads to heat. Because it is struggling to center out. Sometimes buzz from left to right or vice versa or constantly. I say it is a defect with the potentiometer. They are known to fail or be defective out of the box. Like my new Sav. 1210 at $75. Noisy as heck. Hasn't failed, but disappointed for the price. Removed It from my Kraton and stuck into my Crawler for what it is worth. My Savox 1230sg in my Tekno MT is dead on and quiet. But when the Sav.1210 fails I know why. Interesting to note that I have many cheap digital coreless servos that are silent and keep going. I just feel servos are a mixed bag no matter how much you pay. They are disposable parts for me. I stock up and always have at least one spare around so I don't have to ruin a weekend. I prefer the known good cheap ones now. And I refuse to pay $150.+ for them. (Tekin, etc.) And many guys do.:unsure: But I would not assume all digital servos are inherently noisy out the box. They should not be. I probably been through at least 40 servos in 30 years. Maybe more. I have a bin full of old servos for spare parts etc.

Last edited:
Noisy potentiometers in digital servos happen. They can buzz and that leads to heat. Because it is struggling to center out. Sometimes buzz from left to right or vice versa or constantly. I say it is a defect with the potentiometer. They are known to fail or be defective out of the box. Like my new Sav. 1210 at $75. Noisy as heck. Hasn't failed, but disappointed for the price. Removed It from my Kraton and stuck into my Crawler for what it is worth. My Savox 1230sg in my Tekno MT is dead on and quiet. But when the Sav.1210 fails I know why. Interesting to note that I have many cheap digital coreless servos that are silent and keep going. I just feel servos are a mixed bag no matter how much you pay. They are disposable parts for me. I stock up and always have at least one spare around so I don't have to ruin a weekend. I prefer the known good cheap ones now. And I refuse to pay $150.+ for them. (Tekin, etc.) And many guys do.:unsure: But I would not assume all digital servos are inherently noisy out the box. They should not be. I probably been through at least 40 servos in 30 years. Maybe more. I have a bin full of old servos for spare parts etc.
You described it perfectly...it struggles to recenter after turning. To be fair I just had it on the table. I suspect when it is rolling, the wheels will help it recenter.

Great information too. Thanks for the input.

Just put this in my outcast very quiet but very disappointed with it.

Attachments

• 48A75BEB-AD9A-4C7D-87E0-C9CD32A2AE71.jpeg
    48A75BEB-AD9A-4C7D-87E0-C9CD32A2AE71.jpeg
    257.2 KB · Views: 43
No surprise, it has the same amount of torque as the stock servo, but is (even) slower.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back