Kraton Steering servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsroberts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Savox servo 145.8 oz-inch torque
After market is it enough to use in The Kraton/ Stock one was over 200 ! My learning curve on this is growing with every mistake ! SC-0252 savox #

Savox servo 145.8 oz-inch torque
After market is it enough to use in The Kraton/ Stock one was over 200 ! My learning curve on this is growing with every mistake ! SC-0252 savox #
No do not buy a servo with less torque... you want the same or more, alot of people run savox 1256sg I belive it has 277ozin an improvement over stock. I run a 1231sg that has 444ozin but taller than stock servo by quite a bit... 277ozin should be fine for just bashing around.

No do not buy a servo with less torque... you want the same or more, alot of people run savox 1256sg I belive it has 277ozin an improvement over stock. I run a 1231sg that has 444ozin but taller than stock servo by quite a bit... 277ozin should be fine for just bashing around.
Thank you, I had a taller servo with about 225oz-in but did not like how it sat inside stock plastic servo holder! Did you use spacers or replace how servo connected

The RTR orange servo is a lie, it is slow and weak. There is no way it is a 15kg servo.

A 1256TG should hold up fine. It was designed as a MT servo. I run one in my Typhon and it holds up well for track work.

I don't have an issue with the stock one...it steers fine ? I may have pushed more voltage to it with my ESC.

The stock servo is a 7.2 volt servo...208oz at 7.2 volts. However, I think the stock ESC only has a 6 volt BEC ?

Mine steers fine with the stock servo....it hasn't given up yet. Once it does or if it ever does...I'll look into a Savox....I have good luck with them.

Last edited:
The RTR orange servo is a lie, it is slow and weak. There is no way it is a 15kg servo.

A 1256TG should hold up fine. It was designed as a MT servo. I run one in my Typhon and it holds up well for track work.
It's 15 kg at 7.4 volts... kraton puts out 6.0v so yes it is not at full potential...

Bought the Savox 1231, love the torque and speed. I find it too tall and putting lots of stress on steering link because I had to use a spacer between the link. I did a little more research and found the 1270. More torque and speed and normal profile. Ordering it tomorrow

I don't have an issue with the stock one...it steers fine ? I may have pushed more voltage to it with my ESC.

The stock servo is a 7.2 volt servo...208oz at 7.2 volts. However, I think the stock ESC only has a 6 volt BEC ?

Mine steers fine with the stock servo....it hasn't given up yet. Once it does or if it ever does...I'll look into a Savox....I have good luck with them.
That is very true I found that out! I need a booster right?

6 years old…

4B0C2B63-2928-4BF3-A0BC-483F73F919D7.jpeg

Yes old thread that has some relevance today....perhaps???:giggle::ROFLMAO:
35 kg (minimum) torque servos best for a 6s rig. Even a 4x4 basher rig.
DS3235 on the cheap, if need be. AMZ.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back