Mojave Steering Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeroZero1

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
What's a good steering servo for the Mojave? I'm okay with the stock steering servo but I'm always looking to improve the truck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

My servo on the Mojave V2 crapped itself after just 3 packs, what ashame. I just fit in a jx ecoboost 21kg and is really fast and seems up for the job. I picked it up from Banggood $33 Aussie dollars. I tried to get the 27kg and 36kg but some sellers I guess refuse to do business with us Aussies I got denied the transaction three times and fourth time lucky but I had to stick with the 21kg.

My Mojave and all my 6s Offroad rigs get a 35KG servo. The stock 15kg one is lame, slow and weak. I think it handicaps your driving ability a lot.

Amazon.com: ZOSKAY 35kg high Torque Coreless Motor servo Metal Gear Digital and Stainless Steel Gear servo arduino servo for Robotic DIY,RC car (Control Angle 180°): Toys & Games

What I use.
The price is right. Beats $70-$100 for a name brand that lasts just as long IMHO. I tried the name brand ones.
Others may have their picks.
I have this servo. Just curious, what sort of turn radius do you get off this thing in grass? I'm thinking my servo saver keeps coming loose

Hey bro I get the same turning radius as the stock one. The jx ecoboost just throws the steering to full lock pretty quick, I'm rather impressed with it so far but I've only run one pack with it so time will tell.

Reefs tripple 4 or protek black label.
037E2266-71D5-4391-9016-2605DC10B80C.jpeg

What's a good steering servo for the Mojave? I'm okay with the stock steering servo but I'm always looking to improve the truck. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks

I am working on a new Mojave EXB build.

I was going to go with a Reefs 444/555/Raw 500 servo, but when i emailed the company asking them what model they would recommend for a basher, they never got back to me.

So i went with the ProModeler DS555BLHV (555oz-in - 0.06sec/60°) -> $121.24 all in.
I don't know even know what i'll get at 6 or even 7.4 volts.

I never heard of ProdModeler until @Mr.Duke posted one of his servos. This is so new that ProModeler doesn't even have photos/specs out. I called John (owner), and he picked up the phone, and i had a conversation with him. It was pretty neat.

I'll make sure to share photos/pictures when i get it next week.

Last edited:

Thanks @Cheez
i meant at the voltage levels we'll run them at 6/7.4. Personally i went with max 6. Looks like both max5/6 only put out 7.4 BEC max.
So i don't know what that means for us? hopefully still above 500 @ sub .10

Which makes it comparable to the reefs raw500 range but for 20-30 bucks cheaper (depending on tax/shipping).
I don't see a Savox waterproof equivalent, the monster line is close but not comparable.

Mr. Duke did us a solid here, and i think we got lucky, but we'll see.

source: https://www.hobbywing.com/products/enpdf/EzRunMAX5-MAX6.pdf
1608778881112.png

Back