Senton Steering sticks to the right.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stubborn puppet

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Got a couple of Senton 30mph models a couple of weeks ago - one for me, one for my kid.
One of them has an issue where the steering gets stuck to the hard right when just sitting idle. The truck comes to a stop, then the wheel sometimes pops to the right all the way on its own. It makes a high-pitch whining noise like the user is holding the controller steering hard right (which it is not).
Once it gets like that, turning the wheel on the remote has no effect.
You have to sort of grab the actual wheels and straighten them back by hand, OR start driving it again - where the forward momentum straightens it out on its own.

The trim on the remote is fine.
When its driving around, it's fine.
Just when it comes to rest... it's about 50/50 chance it's gonna start doing this.

I'd like some suggestions on what I might try for fixing this.
Thanks.

Last edited:
Servo just had this same issue on my big rock

Went to the shop where I bought it... they concurred that it was a bad servo (which is what we all kind of thought) and gave me a replacement servo. I have to put the replacement in myself tonight, so I'll let you folks know (though I have no doubt that'll fix it... unless it makes things worse :p)

The local shop swapped me out for a new servo and that seems to have fixed it.

ODDITY: with the new motor, I had to reverse the steering on the remote. The wires appear to be connected to the jumpers in the correct order... so not sure why this is a thing.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back