Granite Steering stopped, fan wire broken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Situation

Reaction score
Hi Arrma community! Hope you can help me.....Just got our first RC, Granite 4x4, it has only been taken out a few times and the steering stopped working today. Forward and reverse works, but it doesn't turn. If I turn the wheels manually they seem fine (no axles or anything seem broken), but turning the wheel on the remote control does nothing. I can see that the front fan wire seems broken, there is a red light that flashes on and off too (is that a warning light or just a running light?)...could the fan be the issue? Can I just replace this fan piece, or is it likely that whatever the fan was cooling (either the Servo or ESC I think) has overheated and so will I need to replace that too? This is all completely new to me, so any help would be appreciated! Also if you could point me towards any manuals, or videos that show me all these parts, that would be great. Thanks!

Go to Arrma-RC.com. all the info is right there. Book mark the links for your rig. It is your bible. Part number, blow up diagrams etc.
I think your servo is toast. But double check all the plugs and leads first. The flashing ESC red light is normal in standby mode.
Stock Servos suck. Replace it. Better to not even warranty it. It will fail again. Just upgrade to a better powerful servo. It will drive much nicer.
An AMZ DS3235 rings a bell... What I use. 7 of them. Make sure to set up your endpoint adjustments when you change out to a new servo. Or you will brick the new one. This should also be done with any new rig out the box before you drive it.. The manual wont tell you this.
The fan has nothing to do with the servo, unless the ESC BEC is fried. (Fan and servo wont work) Then you might need an ESC. Call HH for that under warranty.
Some food for thought.... :cool:

Try disconnecting the fan. I had an issue where a frayed fan wire made my ESC malfunction. Somehow the bad wire seemed to mess with the receiver.

You could be one of the gazillion owners that blew their servo. The stock servos are crap. Search "servo" here under "Granite" and you'll find an evening full of reading.

Haven't had a problem with the fan but can't imagine that to be causing your steering failure. Plug in another servo and see what happens.

The servos go out in various ways. Some stop working suddenly and constantly, some stay straight suddenly and can come back to life until the next pack to eventually fail permantly (like mine), some jitter.

Get a new servo with loads of torque (13kg minimum) and metal gears. You'll likely only find a new one with 25T. The black servo saver of the V3 (23T) won't fit it, so get the red one with 25T of the V2. Thats the easiest way to fix it.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back