Steering trim adjustment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FlipSide

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Vorteks
Hello!

I just bound my Kraton to my new DX5C. During the binding setup, the steering went pretty far right (or left?) as soon as I powered the Tx. Is it because the steering arm installed is not centered on the servo?

I have been easily able to adjust the steering trim on the Tx to get it back at the center. Am I good to go, or can it be bad for the servo?

To get a relatively centered steering during binding, I am thinking I could:
- dismount the steering arm,
- bind the Tx,
- attach the steering arm on the neutral servo with a centered steering
- fine tune the steering trim

Is it necessary to do this? Is there something I don't understand well?

Next step is to figure out how to setup the endpoints. My understanding is that this is the most important thing to do to avoid damaging the servo.

Thanks a lot!

Radio ST trim should be centered. Servo arm should be correct if steering is straight. Have you changed out the servo or disconnected that arm?
Endpoints should be next. turn full left until the servo strains then back off until it its quiet and is not binding up. Repeat for the right endpoint.

Thanks.

Yes I did disconnect the servo arm when I upgraded the servo mount and Ackerman plate to GKA stuff. I though I made sure to replace it centered...but I guess I failed. I re-centered the trim and reconnected the servo arm with the steering centered and it's now fine.

I also managed to setup the endpoints correctly. That was quite easy.

Thanks again for your help!

Thanks.

Yes I did disconnect the servo arm when I upgraded the servo mount and Ackerman plate to GKA stuff. I though I made sure to replace it centered...but I guess I failed. I re-centered the trim and reconnected the servo arm with the steering centered and it's now fine.

The only way to properly center the servo arm to the servo is to power on the servo first making sure the ST trim on the radio is at neutral before powering on, then place the arm onto the servo with wheels pointing as straight as possible. From there you trim the ST to get it to drive perfectly straight. This is the only way to set St servos up. (y) :cool:

The only way to properly center the servo arm to the servo is to power on the servo first making sure the ST trim on the radio is at neutral before powering on, then place the arm onto the servo with wheels pointing as straight as possible. From there you trim the ST to get it to drive perfectly straight. This is the only way to set St servos up. (y) :cool:
That's exactly what I ended up doing! Thanks !

Thanks.

Where in the DX5C did you set your endpoints? I'm still trying to set mine up.

On this screen:
20200326_155436.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back