Kraton Steering very stiff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jsroberts

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Replacing my servo and noticed that when my Kraton is relaxed on the suspension it's loose and free like it should be left to right! But when suspension is out like picking the truck up the steering binds up bad and is very hard to turn! Please help

Replacing my servo and noticed that when my Kraton is relaxed on the suspension it's loose and free like it should be left to right! But when suspension is out like picking the truck up the steering binds up bad and is very hard to turn! Please help

@Jsroberts - I had a similar issue and was stripping servos left and right. Very frustrating!

My issue was the pivot ball screw was too tight and the servo was working too hard to turn the wheels left to right.

I loosened the pivot ball screw and now it works like a charm! Here is a video that shows how to clean, maintain and loosen the pivot ball joint. Hope this helps!

@Jsroberts - I had a similar issue and was stripping servos left and right. Very frustrating!

My issue was the pivot ball screw was too tight and the servo was working too hard to turn the wheels left to right.

I loosened the pivot ball screw and now it works like a charm! Here is a video that shows how to clean, maintain and loosen the pivot ball joint. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much!

Was just about to suggest this! Ran into this exact problem with my Kraton just the other weekend. The servo seemed to be struggling and the servo saver nut kept coming loose. Come to find out one of the pillow ball retainers was much too tight on the bottom left front. After I loosened that one up, everything went back to nice and easy.

Now I check those things after each run. I also put a spare wheel nut on the bottom of the servo saver shaft to stop that from coming loose more than a certain amount. That seems to work well. Still got a little flex in it, but can't come any more loose.

It fixed mine!!
Was just about to suggest this! Ran into this exact problem with my Kraton just the other weekend. The servo seemed to be struggling and the servo saver nut kept coming loose. Come to find out one of the pillow ball retainers was much too tight on the bottom left front. After I loosened that one up, everything went back to nice and easy.

Now I check those things after each run. I also put a spare wheel nut on the bottom of the servo saver shaft to stop that from coming loose more than a certain amount. That seems to work well. Still got a little flex in it, but can't come any more loose.
season 1 s1 GIF by Dream Corp LLC

Whoa ! Back from the dead fellas! 2016!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back