• ISDT Q6 Plus 300W Battery Chargers GIVEAWAY
    ENTER NOW!!!

Steering wiper Bearing Size?

Thread starter #1

FastEddy

Vendor
Both the Mega rigs use BUSHINGS on the steering wiper arms. Part # AR340132

I would like to offer the bearing upgrade in our kits for this that we will be releasing this week.
Can someone let me know the size please, they are metric and I "BELIEVE" the are a
5mm ID
8mm OD
2.5 Width.

Thanks,
-Ed

Thread starter #3

FastEddy

Vendor
Ill need real confirmation on the size.
Tower is notorious for being wrong. They are also missing bearings in that list that are on the exploded view of the manual
2 units 610014

Thanks,
-Ed

Jerry-rigged

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Kraton, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
I'll try to dig into mine sometime this week and get them measured...

Megasty

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Granite, Kraton, Nero, Outcast, Raider, Senton, Talion, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
The bearings are 5x10x4

It was a bit unsettling seeing they were plastic bearings but they had to cut costs somewhere & it's a super cheap part to replace on my end.

Last edited:

olds97_lss

Premium Member!
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
The bearings are 5x10x4

It was a bit unsettling seeing they were plastic bearings but they had to cut costs somewhere & it's a super cheap part to replace on my end.
They are bushings, right? HPI did that with the savage's in the steering posts and traxxas did it with the t-maxx. If I remember, right, the savage was fixable with tiny bearings, but I don't think you could fit them in the t-maxx without going a different route for steering, like a pro-line saver kit.

Man I'm old... lol

Megasty

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Arrma RC's
Fazon, Granite, Kraton, Nero, Outcast, Raider, Senton, Talion, Typhon, 4x4-Mega
They are bushings, right? HPI did that with the savage's in the steering posts and traxxas did it with the t-maxx. If I remember, right, the savage was fixable with tiny bearings, but I don't think you could fit them in the t-maxx without going a different route for steering, like a pro-line saver kit.

Man I'm old... lol
It's actually a single molded piece of plastic in the shape of a bearing - pretty much a big plastic spacer :rolleyes: