Infraction Steering won’t center no matter what!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eddywatson

T3ddy B4gW3LL
Premium Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys I’m pulling my hair out here

The steering won’t center by a fraction it’s either aiming left or right

I’ve just installed scorched parts billet upright servo savers, carbon akerman with bearings. I’ve tried 3 different servos in 2 different positions, I’ve also slackened off the pillar balls and play with them to no avail

Last thing I can only think of is the horse show shims I’ve removed and replaced with a 5mm washer, how important are the plastic shim things?

I’m about to throw the car at the wall lol

Does anybody have any ideas? Thank you

0FCC8B04-405F-44A7-859A-670373D24854.jpeg

Hey guys I’m pulling my hair out here

The steering won’t center by a fraction it’s either aiming left or right

I’ve just installed scorched parts billet upright servo savers, carbon akerman with bearings. I’ve tried 3 different servos in 2 different positions, I’ve also slackened off the pillar balls and play with them to no avail

Last thing I can only think of is the horse show shims I’ve removed and replaced with a 5mm washer, how important are the plastic shim things?

I’m about to throw the car at the wall lol

Does anybody have any ideas? Thank you

View attachment 286367
You might have to adjust your links then to accommodate your servo tooth count!? My 3s senton was like that.. Just a guess!? 🤷

Is the servo going back to neutral?
Is there truly no slop (or very little) in the steering?
My bet would be on a bad centering servo if all else is good.
Could be a crappy transmitter as well, that's why these come with a gyro receiver from the get go, which will keep it dead straight.
I assume you know your way around RC a little, is steering trim not working, and it goes left/right after steering input?

You are not giving us a lot to work with ;)

It wouldn't centre so I've done this so far:

- I have tried 3 different Servos one being the Perfect Pass Servo from Raz shifrin, a Savox and 9imod one.
- I've replaced both steel steering posts
- Replaced both Steering bellcranks to Scorched parts ones
- Replaced Akerman to scorched carbon fibre one and added bearings to both sides
- I used the Radio Link rc6gs handset and receiver
- replaced the horseshoe shims on the upper hinge pin, both sides
- slackened off and played with pillar balls
- changed the position of the servo mounting twice
- changed link length
- checked nothing is binding/catching anywhere
- if servo is disconnected Ive moved the steering and its as smooth as butter

anything else? lol im pulling my hair out now lol :(

I would always start by disconnecting the servo horn and make sure all steering is free moving.

If free moving mark a spot on the servo to make sure it’s centering correct.

If it is centering correctly then reattach everything and raise the vehicle off its wheels and check center. If it isn’t centering see if there is any play I. The links that allow it to be slightly off..

If no play then proceed to place on wheels and test again. If at that point it’s not centered only when wheels are on the ground. Check for slope in the servo saver.

If no slope in saver check voltage output to the servo and make sure you have the required voltage to properly power the servo.

If you have good voltage and it still isn’t going centered try a different radio and receiver. It may be the potentiometer in the radio not centering correctly.

That should be any and all fixes. If still messed up at this point then you need to move because there is a poltergeist in the house having fun with you.

You’re never going to get it perfect due to the physical limitations of the tooth count on the servo spline. For example, if the spline has 360 teeth (never) you will have way better chances of getting truer 0 degrees over a spline that has 25 teeth……it’s that simple.

The best you can do is to get it as close to zero as possible and then use your trim setting on your remote. You may have already tried the steps mentioned above,….I don’t know, but BEFORE attaching the horn to the spline, always power up the rig first, Center your steering trim on your remote THEN attach the horn as close as possible to true zero degrees……then take out any left/right tendencies with remote trim.

I hope that makes sense.

cheers,
kev

I went through a similar situation when installing a new servo. I found that the issue was the steering sub trim on the radio: it wasn't zeroed. Try this:

Remove the servo arm. Make sure the steering sub trim in the menu of your RC6GS transmitter is set to zero, and the steering trim knob on the transmitter is centered. Then turn the servo on, and let the servo center itself. Attach the servo arm as close to physically centered as you can. Set the steering sub trim to center your servo as close as you can get it. Use the steering trim knob on your transmitter to finalize the trim.

What is the actual problem? I understood that it is not centering while driving or after steering input, that it constantly turns in one direction and next input to the other.
Are you just a little OCD as it's not 100% perfect on a table? If that is the case, don't get an Arrma. Never gets you there on a table but I never had issues while driving. Just needed adjustments after kissing the wall or similar. RC6GS here as well.

@eddywatson yes, that is horrible and completely unacceptable.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back