Kraton Steering won’t return to center?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stevenwm

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Mojave
  4. Senton 3s
  5. Typhon 3s
  6. Vorteks
Happy New Years everyone!

I just finished putting together a Kraton with some upgrades

I have 35kg servo and it seems to be powerful and working properly but it won’t return all the way back to center when driving

This Kraton is Heavy!!
Is there any suggestions
Or Is this Servo just not strong enough for this rig

E08AC1A7-B363-4AE8-9032-E55273E63E97.png

810B7876-9937-4176-8F74-6CA07E4A6AEF.jpeg

F9FC6616-EE8C-4FCB-A2A0-F2DF1428D2C4.jpeg

Double check that the Pivot balls are not tight and/ or dirty. This can bind the steering in many cases. Been there.
Also, that servo has a stall torque of 35kg when it is supplied with BEC 7.4volts.
At 6v BEC this servo only puts out 27.8 kg torque.
What BEC volts is your Firma ESC set up for?
Try going with the max BEC volts if you have not done so already.
You also may have a Weak Servo saver issue! (The servo travels fully, yet the wheels don't.) Look into this first after you check for binding Pivot balls.
Need to disconnect the servo arm from the Steering linkage to adjust the (4) PB nuts best.
:cool:

@stevenwm, Nice rig there.:)

Last edited:
With a heavy M2C truck and strong servo you probably want to swap out the servo saver spring with the extra hard one from the EXB if you haven't already done so.

Double check that the Pivot balls are not tight and/ or dirty. This can bind the steering in many cases. Been there.
Also, that servo has a stall torque of 35kg when it is supplied with BEC 7.4volts.
At 6v BEC this servo only puts out 27.8 kg torque.
What BEC volts is your Firma ESC set up for?
Try going with the max BEC volts if you have not done so already.
You also may have a Weak Servo saver issue! (The servo travels fully, yet the wheels don't.) Look into this first after you check for binding Pivot balls.
Need to disconnect the servo arm from the Steering linkage to adjust the (4) PB nuts best.

@stevenwm, Nice rig there.:)
Thank you sir!

I will check all these
Did you center the servo before installing!?
Yeah maybe just a little off
Could that affect it
With a heavy M2C truck and strong servo you probably want to swap out the servo saver spring with the extra hard one from the EXB if you haven't already done so.
Thank you!

I Just swapped over from my Kraton v5

I need to do this...should probably do this for all my 6s’

Last edited:
^^^ Steering Endpoint settings at the radio is the first thing to check when new out the box. Rarely does the factory get it right, if at all. As stated above, The "X-Hard" SS spring will always help with a heavy rig. X-Hard is standard on the EXB rigs for the most part. TLRT also.
You can alternatively shim the Existing SS spring using suitable size Circlips to stiffen the SS spring. Many guys do this also. There are videos to do it easily.
Whether you change out the spring or shim the existing one, there is much disassembly involved. This would be the time to changeout the (4) steering brass bushings for sealed BB's, if you haven't done so already.

^^^ Steering Endpoint settings at the radio is the first thing to check when new out the box. Rarely does the factory get it right, if at all. As stated above, The "X-Hard" SS spring will always help with a heavy rig. X-Hard is standard on the EXB rigs for the most part. TLRT also.
You can alternatively shim the Existing SS spring using suitable size Circlips to stiffen the SS spring. Many guys do this also. There are videos to do it easily.
Whether you change out the spring or shim the existing one, there is much disassembly involved. This would be the time to changeout the (4) steering brass bushings for sealed BB's, if you haven't done so already.
Thanks!

I will do some research if the clips work good probably cheaper to go that route

Will do the bearings swap .. Any idea bearing size needed

What radio system are you using ?
After I installed a new servo in a talion EXB the servo would not center when AVC was turned on,If you turn off AVC servo centered fine.

What radio system are you using ?
After I installed a new servo in a talion EXB the servo would not center when AVC was turned on,If you turn off AVC servo centered fine.
Hmmm try to turn off your avc. Center the servo using trim and subtrim... then switch your esc off. Now turn back the avc on your transmitter and then switch the esc on. make sure it is flat on the ground. this should recalibrate/reposition your AVC center

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back