Typhon Steering works no power brand new

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ckenneygo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
Help I just bought the typhoon 4x4, (Christmas present) ran in the living last night short time. Was getting ready to take out side to play with and got nothing, It acted like it jumps to start then that is it. This is first RC. Any help would be fantastic.

Have you binded the tx and receiver,also check where the throttle end points are set on the transmitter

Are you using Ni-mH or Li-Po? If you plug in a too weak battery, for example 2s 20-30c it will melt the solder off the wires on the battery. I did it once with a 25c 3s 200mah and again at the local hobby shop when I went with my friend yesterday to figure out our lvc turning on while batteries are 85% full. The lhs though it was our batteries (even "tried" to say our high end batteries might be bad since they don't sell that brand lol) and he gave my buddy one of his 2s and we waited for the lhs to charge it on their charger. Went across the street and lasted for 3 min before it died. And when I say died I mean no lvc just straight turned off, everything was dead. No fans, nothing. Turned it back on and actually turned on and as soon as he touched the throttle it just died again. So we went back inside and they think the esc is bad and are waiting till tuesday to give him a new one to try. I bought mine new but second hand so I don't know what I'm going to do. Hopefully between their good customer service, from what I've read, to perhaps the sellers help, I may be able to get a replacement. If not then it looks like from my research the esc and servo just die and you have to live with it and go spend a bunch more money. I love this thing but if I had read these threads before buying I would have not gotten it. I even told myself to wait till my buddy runs his, see if it works they way expected, what breaks, etc. But it looked so good and before we went to go run his I was hooked and bought one. I love it so much I bought rpm arms front and back, aluminum toe links, stainless camber links after he crashed into me, sets of tires/rims, four batteries, etc. So I love it, just frustrated it his lvc in 5 mins, batteries are 80% full at point still. And to add more, he just texted me saying his steering servo died when he tried to show it to his cousin since he went over for Christmas.
Is it the 4x4 mega? Or Brushless?

If it's the mega make sure the jumper is set correctly depending on the battery you're using
Yea, which version do you have? The brushless blx or the brushed version?

I have the battery set right. It is the 4×4 mega. I really know nothing about this, the box said RTR so I was hoping this was simple. And I hate to sounds dumb but what and how does the binding work? I read that other places but I am honestly so confused right now. Sorry to be a pest.

I have the battery set right. It is the 4×4 mega. I really know nothing about this, the box said RTR so I was hoping this was simple. And I hate to sounds dumb but what and how does the binding work? I read that other places but I am honestly so confused right now. Sorry to be a pest.
What is the voltage of your battery? Check with a volt meter.

Have you binded the tx and receiver,also check where the throttle end points are set on the transmitter
I tryed but it didn't make since says hold a turn on switch to b ... Tryed every witch away didn't see the green light flash like it said
That's funny you say that because it seemed slow today was weird 75% was like 50% 100 was like 75.

Silly question, but you did charge the battery all the way, right?

You really need to have the included manual for your Mega rig if it is missing. It is available at Arrma-RC.com for download. All the binding and ESC info is in it. Many YT videos in regards.
The Mega ESC is not all that. If you purchased it NIB, with a receipt, Horizon Hobby would replace it free for 2 years under their standard warranty.
Binding creates a signal link between the Radio and the Receiver. Sometimes out the box it was not setup correctly from the factory. Something to try to eliminate possible causes of your issue. Need to rule out defective components from the equation. One by one.
RTR's are NOT that Ready to Run out the box, as you can see. Most any brand RC is that way. Especially the cheaper models. (Mega 4x4 line)
You are not alone. You will sort it out and learn as you go.
RC is not that simple. But the reward is great.
Patience.

Last edited:
Hello I have the 1/8 TYPHON 4WD V3 3S BLX Brushless Buggy RTR, Red
ARRMA - ARA4306V3.
I binded the SLT3 receiver with the plug that came with it.
There is no trash rocks ec in the stearing.
I have also switch the throttle and the stearing ports on the SLR300. The throttle than works with the stearing wheel but still no stearing with the throttle.
I'm using all new batteries, I hate to buy the wrong part out of the 3 , servo, SLR300 and the ECU any further test I can run ?

You really need to have the included manual for your Mega rig if it is missing. It is available at Arrma-RC.com for download. All the binding and ESC info is in it. Many YT videos in regards.
The Mega ESC is not all that. If you purchased it NIB, with a receipt, Horizon Hobby would replace it free for 2 years under their standard warranty.
Binding creates a signal link between the Radio and the Receiver. Sometimes out the box it was not setup correctly from the factory. Something to try to eliminate possible causes of your issue. Need to rule out defective components from the equation. One by one.
RTR's are NOT that Ready to Run out the box, as you can see. Most any brand RC is that way. Especially the cheaper models. (Mega 4x4 line)
You are not alone. You will sort it out and learn as you go.
RC is not that simple. But the reward is great.
Patience.
It's an old thread. 2020

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back