Big Rock @Steve38's V3 BigRock (Black Betty)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know it could end up being something simple. When I get in your situation I take everything apart again pull out the schematics and watch YouTube videos and work on it till I figure it out.

I know you’re doing the same…but still, try and try again. You’ll figure it out, don't worry or get frustrated buddy.
Yep Im sure it'll be some small oversight or unknowing to ask the correct question. Gonna load it up and take to LHS.😐. Well see if they can get it right. 😆. Once this diff situation is cleared shell be ready. Another rainy day anyway.

Finally we will see tom. Had a nice post written out then went to check the name of place I got the new decals at. Came back and it was gone. So shout out to all that's helped along the way even thru my annoyances. 😆

Decals : Macs Custom Graphics and Designs

20211001_180931.jpg

20211001_181005.jpg

20211001_223350.jpg

20211002_022547.jpg

20211002_022717.jpg

20211002_022739.jpg

So only just some new makeup. Cleaned her high heels. Lip stick. Shes BEAUTIFUL!! 👀👅💓

Here's her road tires now. Katars. Gonna clean em up also. Prob gonna go with silver lettering if any. Matte clear coat.

I do wanna say i was so lucky to find my table. 25$ is all I paid. Real oak wood. Its a marble piece lazy susan in the middle so I can rotate as needed or when I wanna watch her dance. 😆

20211019_011719~2.jpg

20211019_011755~2.jpg

20211016_193228~2.jpg

So only just some new makeup. Cleaned her high heels. Lip stick. Shes BEAUTIFUL!! 👀👅💓

Here's her road tires now. Katars. Gonna clean em up also. Prob gonna go with silver lettering if any. Matte clear coat.

I do wanna say i was so lucky to find my table. 25$ is all I paid. Real oak wood. Its a marble piece lazy susan in the middle so I can rotate as needed or when I wanna watch her dance. 😆

View attachment 174931

View attachment 174932

View attachment 174933
That’s a great idea, using the Vorteks stock tires as road tires on the big rock. I’ve got a set of those collecting dust so I think I’ll try it for parking lot running. Not just on the big rock but on the typhon also…
Nice to see you back up and running buddy!

That’s a great idea, using the Vorteks stock tires as road tires on the big rock. I’ve got a set of those collecting dust so I think I’ll try it for parking lot running. Not just on the big rock but on the typhon also…
Nice to see you back up and running buddy!

Appreciate it Velo. U are prob the reason its running. Im pretty sure after I installed the yokes u sent ive zero trouble since. haven't HAD to buy anything. Which is GRAND concidering I wouldnt been able to 🤣. On the way out the 🚪. Gonna see whats shes got today!

Appreciate it Velo. U are prob the reason its running. Im pretty sure after I installed the yokes u sent ive zero trouble since. haven't HAD to buy anything. Which is GRAND concidering I wouldnt been able to 🤣. On the way out the 🚪. Gonna see whats shes got today!
That’s good to hear man! Next time something breaks or is not working let me know. If I’ve got an extra laying around…well I already got your address.
You’re welcome buddy 🙃

20211019_193347.jpg

Well a couple busted shocks. Atleast. After the first 5 min. A big two step drop. Last drop coming off a basketball court to down hill grass ramp area. Perfect right? Looked it. Didn't take pics. Didnt think. But will go back. Come off the court and the front digs into the ground. Pretty sure thats where front shock busted. Allowing the dig in. Up in the air. I swear it was 6-8 full end over end in the air. 7'-8' high. Straight up. Down on back left wheel. Which busted shock rod out on the stock rear shock. Idk what else is bent or whatever.

Wife asked for phone. I said yea in a min. Nope. No proof of 💩! Just a broken truck again. Lol 2 pic before the run. Thats it.

20211019_181850.jpg

20211019_193414.jpg

20211019_193447.jpg

Look at this....
1634690951503126835617439319711.jpg

Thats just black electrical tape wrapped holding my foam in behind bumper and bumper spring. Its not a smooth transition from skid plate up to bumper. And gives a big blocky area to catch and grab. Whatd I do wrong on that install??

Last edited:
View attachment 175075

Well a couple busted shocks. Atleast. After the first 5 min. A big two step drop. Last drop coming off a basketball court to down hill grass ramp area. Perfect right? Looked it. Didn't take pics. Didnt think. But will go back. Come off the court and the front digs into the ground. Pretty sure thats where front shock busted. Allowing the dig in. Up in the air. I swear it was 6-8 full end over end in the air. 7'-8' high. Straight up. Down on back left wheel. Which busted shock rod out on the stock rear shock. Idk what else is bent or whatever.

Wife asked for phone. I said yea in a min. Nope. No proof of 💩! Just a broken truck again. Lol 2 pic before the run. Thats it.

View attachment 175076

View attachment 175077

View attachment 175078
Look at this....View attachment 175079
Thats just black electrical tape wrapped holding my foam in behind bumper and bumper spring. Its not a smooth transition from skid plate up to bumper. And gives a big blocky area to catch and grab. Whatd I do wrong on that install??
You’re too damn entertaining buddy. I’ve got a set of big rock shocks, brand new, for the rear. No Springs though. Pretty sure I have a couple lightly used fronts also, with Springs. Try to pm me. See if it works now.
View attachment 175075

View attachment 175076

View attachment 175077

View attachment 175078
Bumper install is fine, that’s just the way those granite bumpers are. Yeah if the ground is soft and angle right, it will dig in.

Did you break anything else?

Last edited:
You’re too damn entertaining buddy. I’ve got a set of big rock shocks, brand new, for the rear. No Springs though. Pretty sure I have a couple lightly used fronts also, with Springs. Try to pm me. See if it works now.

Bumper install is fine, that’s just the way those granite bumpers are. Yeah if the ground is soft and angle right, it will dig in.

Did you break anything else?
Lol. Nope u still hate people. 😆. No pm's.
I gotta make it something more than the depression 😉🤣
Actually only the rear was busted. Just the crazy weight distribution. I still have the spring. It lodged into the wheel and stayed compressed till I reached down and thought I got bit. 😲.
What u running for shocks on the Sunflower? Stocks?

Man I was gonna show OUUUUT! Look good in front of the ol' lady feel good about my work then well....we all know. Then BAM!!! PREMATURE LOAD BLOW!! wtf??
So the "until" setup is ZD 105mm. In rear. Springs compressed most way down. And stock shocks up front with an 1 and 2 spacer on each.

Attachments

• 1634698113260220187699643242106.jpg
    1634698113260220187699643242106.jpg
    316.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 20211019_215807.jpg
    20211019_215807.jpg
    250.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20211019_215700.jpg
    20211019_215700.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Lol. Nope u still hate people. 😆. No pm's.
I gotta make it something more than the depression 😉🤣
Actually only the rear was busted. Just the crazy weight distribution. I still have the spring. It lodged into the wheel and stayed compressed till I reached down and thought I got bit. 😲.
What u running for shocks on the Sunflower? Stocks?

Man I was gonna show OUUUUT! Look good in front of the ol' lady feel good about my work then well....we all know. Then BAM!!! PREMATURE LOAD BLOW!! wtf??
So the "until" setup is ZD 105mm. In rear. Springs compressed most way down. And stock shocks up front with an 1 and 2 spacer on each.
🤣 One of my favorite shirts is a beautiful mountain biking sunrise with a small quotation below ‘I hate people’. So yeah…

I use the mojave/Kraton 6s shocks on 3 of my cars including the sunflower. No matter what I’ve done to them, how high I jump and how bad I’ve landed… the shocks can take it with no issues. The only car I don’t have them on is my typhoon. I have a set for the rear I just haven’t got the front set yet. It’s not like I can even run my cars much right now anyway.

My wife is completely helpless, post surgery, for two weeks and can’t do anything. I can’t leave her alone long at all. Now that we’ve got full custody of her eight-year-old the school schedule is crazy. She has to be there at 7am. It’s hard for me to even move at 7am, I have to sit on ice and heat for two hours in the morning to get my fused neck and nerve issues to work and my broked up foot isn’t getting better. Belle is also still used to Washington time, which is two hours earlier and school doesn’t start there till nine so it’s interesting 🤣 Fortunately we combined household with my elderly parents in 2019. Between the four of us we somehow make things work 🤪

Anyway, Yeah I’ve seen how much trouble you have with your shocks. If you can get a set of 6s shocks I think that’ll take care of your shock issues.

So you just broke a rear shock?

🤣 One of my favorite shirts is a beautiful mountain biking sunrise with a small quotation below ‘I hate people’. So yeah…

I use the mojave/Kraton 6s shocks on 3 of my cars including the sunflower. No matter what I’ve done to them, how high I jump and how bad I’ve landed… the shocks can take it with no issues. The only car I don’t have them on is my typhoon. I have a set for the rear I just haven’t got the front set yet. It’s not like I can even run my cars much right now anyway.

My wife is completely helpless, post surgery, for two weeks and can’t do anything. I can’t leave her alone long at all. Now that we’ve got full custody of her eight-year-old the school schedule is crazy. She has to be there at 7am. It’s hard for me to even move at 7am, I have to sit on ice and heat for two hours in the morning to get my fused neck and nerve issues to work and my broked up foot isn’t getting better. Belle is also still used to Washington time, which is two hours earlier and school doesn’t start there till nine so it’s interesting 🤣 Fortunately we combined household with my elderly parents in 2019. Between the four of us we somehow make things work 🤪

Anyway, Yeah I’ve seen how much trouble you have with your shocks. If you can get a set of 6s shocks I think that’ll take care of your shock issues.

So you just broke a rear shock?
Lol. Ive got a great story about a time when I got into a wreck wearing a shirt that said this.... *don't have time to make it look same on here. But starting in big words down to bottom of shirt ending in tiny little words*

Please take time to read the words printed on this ordinary 👕. It doesn't say much at all. But it does provide me with enough time to picture u naked and really close to my "Richard". <----edited word.
YES, the female 👮 doing the wreck....wouldnt NOT read it. 🤷wound up not getting a citation.

Keep it up. U got this man! All that rough ass bike riding and all those broken body parts has conditioned u to handle this. Its more a marathon now. So stay slow and steady my man! Wife will heal. The Daughter will heal. And obviously ur either lucky enough to be around for it or not lucky enough to get out alive 😂😂🤣🤣🤣. So smile anyway. Kids love it. And its contagious.
May think about home school. ?.
With this kinda stuff I could go on forever.

@Velodromed dude, I don't have much. But what I have is always a good coach's speech or bunches of kind words. And I'll give every last 1 if it helps u guys out.

Yep pretty sure just the back shock! Wild! I tried not to over do it in the story to cover all I thought would be SMASHED. 😆. I brought her to work and gonna run her at break to make sure. Im worried about the axles. But nothing wobbles under throttle. Not tried under load yet tho

Lol. Ive got a great story about a time when I got into a wreck wearing a shirt that said this.... *don't have time to make it look same on here. But starting in big words down to bottom of shirt ending in tiny little words*

Please take time to read the words printed on this ordinary 👕. It doesn't say much at all. But it does provide me with enough time to picture u naked and really close to my "Richard". <----edited word.
YES, the female 👮 doing the wreck....wouldnt NOT read it. 🤷wound up not getting a citation.

Keep it up. U got this man! All that rough ass bike riding and all those broken body parts has conditioned u to handle this. Its more a marathon now. So stay slow and steady my man! Wife will heal. The Daughter will heal. And obviously ur either lucky enough to be around for it or not lucky enough to get out alive 😂😂🤣🤣🤣. So smile anyway. Kids love it. And its contagious.
May think about home school. ?.
With this kinda stuff I could go on forever.

@Velodromed dude, I don't have much. But what I have is always a good coach's speech or bunches of kind words. And I'll give every last 1 if it helps u guys out.

Yep pretty sure just the back shock! Wild! I tried not to over do it in the story to cover all I thought would be SMASHED. 😆. I brought her to work and gonna run her at break to make sure. Im worried about the axles. But nothing wobbles under throttle. Not tried under load yet tho
Kind words are worth more then most things buddy, so are always appreciated! I went thru my shock stash and do got a couple rear shocks I can send you. They are not brand new though, the brand new set I have is for another car. I’ll get them out here in the next few days or so

View attachment 175075

View attachment 175076

View attachment 175077

View attachment 175078
You can put a little epoxy in the rod end, then shove the shaft back in as hard as you can. Make sure to get it all the way in, or else that shock will be a little bit longer. I epoxied one of mine back in, haven't had a problem since. Good luck!(y)

Kind words are worth more then most things buddy, so are always appreciated! I went thru my shock stash and do got a couple rear shocks I can send you. They are not brand new though, the brand new set I have is for another car. I’ll get them out here in the next few days or so
Yes sir a lot of folks these days don't know the value of a Kind word in a rough time. Tell you what just hold off on the rear shocks. I've moved things around and have stock fronts on front and the shorter ZDs on the rear. Its A lot lower than I would really want. But may very well work until I can either a middle length ZD. But I really just wanna go ahead and grab a the mojave?or kraton? Set of 2 for rear.
I need to stay away from the TA springs. I HATE YELLOW! I don't care any driving differences or not. No yellow.
You can put a little epoxy in the rod end, then shove the shaft back in as hard as you can. Make sure to get it all the way in, or else that shock will be a little bit longer. I epoxied one of mine back in, haven't had a problem since. Good luck!(y)
Right on! Yea I was gonna try it and see. Never hurts. E6000? Or something u reccomend?

Yes sir a lot of folks these days don't know the value of a Kind word in a rough time. Tell you what just hold off on the rear shocks. I've moved things around and have stock fronts on front and the shorter ZDs on the rear. Its A lot lower than I would really want. But may very well work until I can either a middle length ZD. But I really just wanna go ahead and grab a the mojave?or kraton? Set of 2 for rear.
I need to stay away from the TA springs. I HATE YELLOW! I don't care any driving differences or not. No yellow.

Right on! Yea I was gonna try it and see. Never hurts. E6000? Or something u reccomend?
I just used 2 part gorilla glue.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001Z3C3AG/ref=twister_B08L8897M1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Well, they are not actually yellow... Ok, let me know if you change your mind on the shocks.

Mojave and Kraton. The shorter ones fit the front (mojave I think), the longer ones on the back (Kraton I think). You won’t regret them.

Well, they are not actually yellow... Ok, let me know if you change your mind on the shocks.

Mojave and Kraton. The shorter ones fit the front (mojave I think), the longer ones on the back (Kraton I think). You won’t regret them.
Hmmm.....not yellow. Wtf ?! 😆. I don't get it

Hmmm.....not yellow. Wtf ?! 😆. I don't get it
The weight of Springs are color-coded. So when you hear somebody referred to a ‘color’ and then a spring name that’s a specific rate (measured in pounds). So the ‘yellow’ team ass. Springs are a similar ‘rate’ or weight, however it’s said, as the stock ones.

The weight of Springs are color-coded. So when you hear somebody referred to a ‘color’ and then a spring name that’s a specific rate (measured in pounds). So the ‘yellow’ team ass. Springs are a similar ‘rate’ or weight, however it’s said, as the stock ones.
Awww daaammn. Anything to prove my noobness🤦😐

Awww daaammn. Anything to prove my noobness🤦😐
Dude I barely understand it all. I just read a lot. Just because I know it doesn’t mean I fully understand it 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back