Typhon Steve's Typhon 6s V5 build **lots of photos**

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My stock wing was in rough shape and I saw a few members on here go with the Kraton wing so decided to do the same

Sits wider and bit lower than stcok. Looks awesome

T56.jpg

T59.jpg

Lots of useful info thank you! I did order Kraton hubs, axle stubs, and hexes to extend the track on it. I will be getting MX28s non-belted eventually. I don't usually jump my rc's or do flips with them I have my erevo if i do choose to do that. You're right about the Katar's they are decent tires for all around bashing the only major issue i have with them is it accumulates rocks and dirt in the hole like no tomorrow. I usually just add a piece of tape there but sometimes it comes off.

As for diff oil i plan on running 500k in the center and leaving the F/R for now to see how it changes its behavior. Only issue right now is finding some diff fluid at my local hobby store...

No issues with my SLT3 so far... fingers crossed, I actually enjoy using it
Very nice build my friend! Why non belted, belted too heavy?

Very nice build my friend! Why non belted, belted too heavy?

Thanks! There were several decisions as to why i went non-belted
- cost
- weight
- less performance
- more heat
- less air control

I don't mind the ballooning either, makes its a wild beast. Just got to pay a bit more attention to throttle inputs

Here she is going backflips, almost effortless with these tires.

- cost
- weight
- less performance
- more heat
- less air control

I don't mind the ballooning either, makes its a wild beast. Just got to pay a bit more attention to throttle inputs

Crap, I bought the belted based on someone else's post. Haven't installed yet - completely redoing my workshop before getting started on the Typhon. Is the upside of the belted just less balooning, anything else? Maybe I'll return them...

- cost
- weight
- less performance
- more heat
- less air control

Great vid!!!

Crap, I bought the belted based on someone else's post. Haven't installed yet - completely redoing my workshop before getting started on the Typhon. Is the upside of the belted just less balooning, anything else? Maybe I'll return them...

Some people like the stability. I believe that's the only upside i can see personally.

I would base it on your driving style. I like it when it gets all squirrely but still rips. For ultimate stability and speed off road i use my proline MX M2's

Another quick vid see how the tires balloon but still controllable.

Great vid!!!

Thanks man appreciate it.

I know I should've done this from the beginning but I kept overlooking it until my chassis got beat to hell. Picked up an Arrma metal skid plate to prevent further damage. It feels pretty beefy

PXL_20210416_222643048.jpg

PXL_20210416_222653441.jpg

Super excited this is my first Arrma I picked up last week. Figured I should start a build thread so i can keep my stuff updated and enjoy this hobby a little more :)

My plans are to mostly keep it stock for now and enjoy it as is. I may widen it using Kraton parts and run the stock wheels until I need new ones.

• One of the most exciting part - unboxing! Initial impression out of the box was Arrma build quality is quite good. Everything is well put together and you feel like you get a lot for your money (metal chassis, metal cvds, decent quality electronics, screws were all nice and tight, diffs required no shimming). I specifically went for the v5 because i wanted the updated Spektrum electronics and SLT3 remote.

View attachment 130218

View attachment 130208
View attachment 130215

• I did my first run on grass with 6s. Initial thoughts is this little buggy SCREAMS. It's faster than my erevo but less scary if it makes any sense. The erevo weighs a lot more so when it zooms past you really feel the mass. It could definitely use thicker fluid in the center diff so it can put more power to the rear wheels. Other than that I don't have any complaints in stock form. Amazing power and handles great out of the box. I believe Arrma did a good job setting it up and refining it.

• First mistake was taking it out on grass I thought it was relatively dry until I hit the throttle - Oh well too late at that point. Let's just say the clean up wasn't fun and took quite a while

View attachment 130220

View attachment 130214

After my first run I went ahead and installed the Kraton EXB Super basher from bumper for some added protection. Honestly it looked naked without it and would cause more damage in the long run without one.

View attachment 130219

• During that one run on grass I noticed so much crap would get thrown onto the rear arms and cvds. Decided to fab out my own mud guards out of some ABS plastic. Turned out pretty nice hopefully these will keep the car a bit cleaner.

View attachment 130216
View attachment 130217

Bonus: If anyone is curious these are the parts you need along with the part #'s to truggify your Typhon 6s.

View attachment 130204
Canu really just toss em under the water like that to clean em? I'm sure when the body on u can but not with the body off right? I think I'd be a little nervous to but if this is how most ppl r doing it then I am wasting too much time lol

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back